Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Labor Day Weekend.

George-CT

It pretty much signals the end of summer here in New England. Even have leaves starting to drop now. Yet, with the cool nights and 70 temps in daytime, its one of my favorite times of the year. Fall is great. It's what comes after that gets my attention. Feeding wood stove and clearing snow. But, that's the northern climates.

Been helping my daughter get into her new home in Manchester, CT. Nice older home built in 1938, " I'm thinking possible silver coins along the walkway to the road and under these huge trees on front and rear lawn where kids more than likely had swings".
It has 2 nice fireplaces in it, but I don't thing she will have time to use those. She is at her Air Force job 7 till 4:30, school from 6 till 9 or 10 depending on the day 4 days a week. Meantime the new grandson is growing, cute little fella and they are doing great.
All things considered, the family is doing well, so that's all I need to make my life well.

Have not had much time to get on lately, other than a quick peek at it at lunch time or later evening. To wasted to write much. Today we made a rest day. Maybe a late afternoon bike ride to and ice cream cafe. A nice 2 hour ride does wonders for my attitude.

I sneak on Royals webcam and watch his progress on the garage/shop...Very nice indeed. Last I saw Wayne and Mikes wife's were doing better now and on the mend. That's the important things in life. Health of family. The rest fills in around it.
Kelly, I like those arrow heads. I don't have any luck finding them but glad someone does. I see yours and Mikes finds and it gets me to look for them but I have not acquired the skill of spotting them so far. Kinda like finding sharks teeth in the Carolinas. I see guys pick them up in my foot prints almost in the sand, yet I never saw them.

Hey, Enjoy your weekend and I hope to get in here more often in the coming days. Just hate to waste this nice weather and to tired at the end of the day to do much else. It will pay off come winter when I'm forced indoors, except to plow snow.

Happy Labor Day.

George-CT

Cut some burdock from the fields, making more apple juice [what else can you do with over a ton of apples], and just taking the rest of the day off.

Ahhhhhhhhh!! Sweet heaven!!

fair winds

Micheal

Coming in last night I saw 3 deer down in the field by our apples trees. The horses and the deer keep the ground pretty cleaned up.
These are not big apples, and its whats left of and orchard from many years ago. Just enough on the ground each day to keep them happy, but not sick. When first here I used to keep them trimmed up and they got pretty good size. Now just a treat for all the critters.
Not sure what kind of apple they are but they are on the bitter side. Maybe crab apples.

Still have wood to bring in to split up and stack. Most of it is still in piles in the woods. to much rain this year, to many bugs, so I just put that part of it off until fall. I watched a program on salmon the other day and they were showing some of the places in BC where they have big runs. Does that river going thru your place have them? I would think so. I never knew that the Pacific salmon is the only one that dies after making the trip. The Atlantic ones don't die and make many trips. I wonder how nature figured that one out.....

George-CT

We do have Gerrard rainbows here in the big lake. They can get up to 40 pounds so when you have one on,, you know it. Our river has rainbows brown and brookies. Not overly big, maybe up to 2-3 pounds.... but they sure are nice in the pan.

Calm seas

Micheal

Here they are really small, but great tasting, and beautiful fish. Some of my best fly fishing times have been at dusk on local brooks no one fishes, catching brookies. One time still sticks in my mind as the best. Was fly fishing Latermiers Brook in the Waterford/ Chesterfield area of Connecticut. Early fall, but still warm, had a whippoorwill singing next to me, a deer just off to the edge of me and a nice brookie fighting me in a deep hole there. Still can see and hear it like it happened yesterday it it was in 1968. When ever I'm down way I still swing by that section of the brook and its still available. Well protected brook.

I never saw a 40 lb trout. 6 lbs here is usually a breeder trout they let loose. 18 inches here is a nice fish for trout. We get Searun trout at the mouth of this same brook I'm telling you about but I've never caught one coming back from salt water, just the ones that are tagged and still moving down stream. The few pictures I saw of your brook on your place looked great. Nice piece of heaven there Mike. Have you got any out of the brook and flipped them in the frying pan? Thats what comes to mind when I was seeing your cabin pictures and that brook. The smell of frying fish.

George-CT

Saw a whole buncha does... no bucks yet.

But that too shall come

Calm seas

Micheal