Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hope all had a good Christmas and have a happy new year.

Aussie Chris

Went out bush to a spot were I was hoping to get some deep gold. I got some stuff deep all right, junk ! Real hard dry digging as well. I managed to get 3 small bits and this 1842 4 pence bit from a Maundy set. Very rare coins. I have only ever seen one other in 25 years of detecting. Bit knocked about but still a nice find. Got this one at 16 inches measured with the 17 inch by 10 inch mono coin on the GP3000. Just managed to hear it and thought it was gold.

Chris.
[attachment 44321 Maundy.JPG]

Actually, the four pence, or "groat" was a normal circulating coin from 1836 to 1855, in addition to those included in Maundy sets. That is a very cool find! I reckon some miner lost that while swinging a pick or swishing a pan back in the mid 1800's. Definitely a little bit of Aussie heritage.
Cheers, and Happy New Year!
Toby