Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Honor / Respect.,.. Sunday morning

Ron J

i went to Todds Farm, in Rowley Mass. about a 20 minute ride, as i usually do, every Sunday morning. Its a large Flea Marker, with a quite a few vendors. Some from Maine, N.H. and Mass. Arrived at 5:00 or so... After walking thru a second time, to see what i may of missed, i returned to a vendor spot, with a couple of older gentleman. While eyeballing their boxes of different items, (appeared they did a clean-out of somebody's house) i saw a large American Flag sitting on a stool. I also got the impression from listening to these two gents, they may have been from a Elks Hall, or Veteran's club. I look for this type of Flag when ever i am there. If i can purchase one for 10 to 15 dollars, i usually snatch them up. I may have a half dozen or so now. I always fly one in my back yard. A Flag of this size lasts about a season, depending on the wind etc. I asked one of the Gents, "How much for the American Flag?" He walked to it, and put it in his arms, then handed it to me. stating, " You can have it. I can not sell, or except money for Our Flag! " I replied " Are you sure?" I thanked him graciously, and continued towards other vendors. I started thinking about this, as to what an honorable act, that Gentleman had just done. He wasn't giving just anything away. It was obvious he respects The United States, and Our, American Flag! It made me think, how many people take our life's for granted, living in America. People die for our Freedom, and our Believes. The Flag i received as a gift, i am sure, was given to a Veteran at one time, to cover his body in Honor. I have one given to me, personally at my Fathers burial. I have flown Dad's Flag a few times, in Honor of the war in Irag, but take special care of it. Unfortunately i don't know how to fold it properly. I will fly the Flag i just received proudly, hopefully showing respect for an unknown Soldier, who just may be looking down from above, with a smile on his face! Rj

http://www.tutorials.com/09/0903/0903.asp

It is an enviable thing . Canucks are a little too low key I guess.

Those two sound like honourable folks

Calm seas

Mikie

There are some folks that take our freedom for granted...they just do not realize how fortunate they are to live in a free society. Good story, I enjoyed it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

We still fly the American flag and POW flag at our club, and we still have someone sing the national anthem at our races before we start racing. The majority still stand and take off their hats. Of the ones that don't its usually the teen agers. In my world that would be a good way to get a backhand across the mouth to bring it to your attention.

Geo