Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Honey I Can See Whats In The Ground Before I Dig IT Up

Brokensignal

You want a id detector go get a Whites.Tesoro knows that id and tones are really unnecessary.They will build a detector that will find what you are looking for,and do it well. And back it up.Digital id takes more power,tones,and all the extra bells & whistles.Tesoro is not going to build a detector that gets heavier,we are supposed to be getting lighter.

n/t

I don't have any experience with "tones", but have several TID machines. The extra bells and whistles are nice, but you still have to dig and see to be sure. For "beep and dig" hunters the Tesoro line is hard to beat in my opinion.
HH
BB

Brokensignal said:
You want a id detector go get a Whites.Tesoro knows that id and tones are really unnecessary.They will build a detector that will find what you are looking for,and do it well. And back it up.Digital id takes more power,tones,and all the extra bells & whistles.Tesoro is not going to build a detector that gets heavier,we are supposed to be getting lighter.

Chuckie?

Dang said:
Brokensignal said:
:clapping:

Chuckie?

I have to agree TONES RULE !! Got the Golden ( Thanks Mike) with just two tones, great iron reject, fantastic disc. and I found out thats all I needed to get the job done. Put another 2-3" of depth on this machine and I probably would be happy with it for years. I would like a little better seperation in the tones and maybe 3 tones, but I only use the two anyway. Lower for nickles and Pts and higher tone for everything above SC.

Chuckles, as I like to call him. He's a bicycle riding detector toting detectorist living somewhere in confederate country I think. Mariegoes4ever (?)....was his original user name...He'd post stuff and get folks all riled up. He isn't very good at handling criticism and would get himself booted off after snapping back at anyone who gave it. Then back he'd come under a new user name and start the process all over again. He must have been booted off half a dozen time! LOL
Personally I enjoyed his posts ..........and really.......he only had good things to say about Tesoros.

Dang how is that gardening doing out there in California?,you got any flowers blooming yet this year?,it's about that time ain't it?.Have you been getting in the flower garden again?.The last time you got into that California flower garden you thought i was someone else.Are you ok dang?.You just have not been yourself lately,i haven't seen you around much.Are you bored with ring hunting.Do you want to do some gold hunting,i am getting a Lobo ST next week,now all the coils i have will fit every detector.Vaquero,Tejon,and the Lobo ST.And all three can be used for nugget hunting.Oh i have all the other gear to that will be needed.I can be in California the first week in October.Shoot i might even check out your garden myself!.

i used the golden to great afect , in a trash infested site i knew when i had a nail got my magnet out and kept that up until i got a high tone then i was carfull , out came a mercury dime

Oh I knew it wasn't Chuckles. You got to many posts to be Chuckie. LOL........
And I agree with you about TID 100%. Have fun with the Tesoro's and the coils....

Also....Heck yeah let's do some prospecting! Right on the American river. It's burning up in that area right now as I write this but it should be out by Oct.
I'll have to borrow your LOBO if ya don't mind, I only have a Bandido as you already know...

Where is "chuchie" boy? I haven't seen any posts from him lately - was he booted off again? Good ol' Chuckie would never learn. I used to enjoy giving him a good tease. He would always bite - hook, line and sinker. :rofl:

padiggin said:
Where is "chuchie" boy? I haven't seen any posts from him lately - was he booted off again? Good ol' Chuckie would never learn. I used to enjoy giving him a good tease. He would always bite - hook, line and sinker. :rofl:
Kicked off or hit on his bicycle by some angry Yankee's 4x4.

Dang,are those flames getting close to you in California,i was worried about you.No kidding how close.If it gets close will you send us a pic.Be careful.:csflag:

I live miles and miles from the fires. 5 towns between my home and the fires! But I could see the smoke from my house! Thanks for the concern.
I'm hoping some puplic land burned a little. Just think of all the dirt that's now exposed with all that old growth gone!

Brokensignal said:
Some good emotional comments here, but like Mike and some of the others, I cannot agree completely. Monotone detectors have, in fact, proven to be a detriment at times, to my style of hunting. I have come to appreciate some of the more advanced features found on modern detectors.
Some of the 'bells and whistles' are actually useful. Every detector I've ever used that had them, could be set up to run as dead simple as you like. So they don't HAVE to be going all at once. But when they are needed, or might simply be helpful, they are there - you cannot say that when they don't exist.
I personally think that Tesoro is a little behind the curve, these days, and its time to reinvest in some improvements.
How about we give tone ID to the Vaquero? You listening, James?

The detector that will get the job done with less crap on it to drain power which is not free gets my vote.Dahut you might need to go back on the bus.Go for electronics 101.A real detector user does not need a TV screen to find valuable targets in the ground.You can hear the # instead of seeing one.That saves a lot of circuits in the loop.Not to mention screens can scratch,take a lot of power,LCD liquid crystal display uses a lot of power to run.I really think the future of metal detecting should move more to smaller and lighter than bigger and heavier with features that do nothing!.

When I first got a Minelab X-terra 70 I came across a ugly signal. It produced different tones from different directions. Low tone for iron and the mid tone for the nickle pulltab range. The meter was all over the place. I was certain it was trash but I was trying to get the hang of pinpointing my new detector at that time so I dug it up and was surprised when I uneather a broken and bent wedding band. Now I go through detectors like the little lady goes through shoes and came to the conclusion that I spend way to much time trying to decide to dig or not by watching the meter and listening to tones. Heck just dig it up and be on your way. My Bandido has found me more gold then any other detector I had. I wish I would have kept my Explorer because the Bandido hasn't found me one silver coin yet. But gold is much more valuable then silver and I never found gold with the Explorer.