Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Honey Bee Nest In Ground

Brokensignal

I was out in a river area doing some detecting and got a descent signal,reached down and started to dig but got attacked and stung over 25 times by honey bee's!

Some people have a terrible reaction to bee stings. Ground wasps are another stinger to watch out for.....

I was digging a hole just the other day , and found a soft spot , good thing i did not reach my hand in because when i took the next scoope a mellon size bee nest came out just crawling whith angy bees i had just enuff time to grab my tools and go they started to swarm fast and this is the time of year that they really start to get bad if you are detecting just stop and look to see if thear is any spot bees are going into the ground also the bees final warning is to start bumping off of you this happened to me traping gophers i was digging a gopher mound and did not see the hole of a ground nest and at first a bee was buzzing around me in a angry fashon then two then three then they started to bounce off me and thats when i saw what was going on i ran fast if you kill one they release pharamones to alert the defenders and they will start to sting you know its enevitable you will find a ground nest we are covering lots of ground take a good look at the area and watch for bees going in and out and if you see some starting to swarm try not to make any fast moves

Here in Ca, we have those guys. They're up in the mountains. We call them "meat eater bee's" Some years, they are so bad, you don't dare buy a hamburger and open it outside. They will attack your hamburger while you're trying to eat it. They also live in the ground. I used to be a bottle digger, they were always stinging me.. Sorry for your miss fortune Try keeping a "Bounce" in your pocket. It will mask your scent, and give you a little more time to run away. It's worth a try .......:wiggle:

unfortunately you disturbed them!..tough break!..protecting their turf!..you have my sympathies!

(h.h!)
j.t.

I feel for you!
I got nailed that way last August. I was down on my knees when I hit them. What an unpleasant surprise that was.
Had about a dozen nasty little stings in about half that many seconds.

Best of Luck,
Mark

Here's another thing that works, if you have time, I have to open and close lots of gates on my way to mountain tops. These little Bee-stards, just love to build their nests in gate pipes right where the lock is hanging. I've started carrying a can of Carburetor Cleaner with me. Never seen anything work quicker. I just hose down the end of the pipe and the buggies run out with their arms crossed over their little chests :thumbup: I guess, a guy (you girls too) could keep a can in a special holster and hose 'em as they're coming outta the ground. You might get stung once or twice, but thats better than the whole tribe paying their respects. You know, I don't like killing anything, but when ya gotta make a choice, you just gotta make a choice :starwars:

problem is!...they WILL pay their respects!..shoot that s**t at 'em,and ya better be able to run a mile in 3 minutes!..(ouch!)

(h.h!)
j.t.