Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Homestead Harvest - Chapter Two

Arkie John

Chapter 2

I got in the blind right on time. The Double Bull has been situated here of late, about 15 steps off of a main game trail that follows a creek on our property. Earlier in the month I had seen a great looking buck, on two different occasions. But each time he was way out of bow range. I found his scrapes and set the blind up, hoping for a descent shot sometime in the not-to-distant future. I poured my first cup of piping-hot coffee and bided my time, snugging down in a blanket. What a pretty day--already.

At 10 til nine, I caught a glimpse of movement moving west on the trail, right for me. I ID

'Dead dog road," The 'Double Bull'.. They are so descriptive and unique. Looking good Arkie. Keep it up.

P.S. Just talked to a buddy about an hour back. he was telling me that he was out towards Renata, [he drives a logging truck] and he saw a beautiful 8 point [I guess you would call that a 16 point---- up here we only count one side to use for the count], and of course, no rifle!! :)

Take care.

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

keep telling you to come hunting here, cause you have bigger and better bragging rights! :lol

I bet your buddy was sick about not having a gun! :)

..either Lil' Brother or me. "Dead Dog Road" is a forest service road that ends about 3/4 mile off the nearest paved road. It ends with just enough space to turn a vehicle around. About four years ago we were considering camping there, but upon our pre-camp inspection, we found that someone had unceremoniously dumped off a dead dog-right in the middle of the turn-a-round. There would be no camping there THAT year! So, now you have, "Dead Dog Road."

The Double Bull blind is very descriptive of the blind if both Tom and myself are inside, you know. However, we can't take credit for that. It comes from a couple of Wisconsin yankees. You can visit their website at DoubleBullArchery.com and can see their line of blinds. It is absolutely appropriate for us though. If Linda ever goes with us, it will have to be called "Triple Bull And A Half." :lol:

Too bad that ole buck is still on the hoof. The way you makes 'em taste, it should be a sin for them to not be available for someone's dinner plate!

Blessings to you and Alice!

aj

It is already written, all the way to chapter 5, but I told Wayer I would get him back for makin' me wait on his fish story. :lol:

I STILL might go out and try to take me a good deer tomorrow am. I am off work :D We are out of venison, except for jerky and Virginia has put in an order for a "big deer." I can take two more by Arkansas' generous hunting laws. But I will be choosy. I have until February 15 to fill my tag.

Let me know what you're havin' for breakfast and I'll come over at take that 8 point in your back yard! :D Oh, yeah!!!! <><

Johnboy

thought the dog was one of Tom's, that's why I was making a big deal out of it. So this is your story and you are stickin' to it, eh?

What about Chicken Hill? :cry:

n/t

n/t

i only made you wait a couple hours:cry:
This is what we wait for, the special one, and if it does not come we have the fun of trying some more.
Thanks my hunting friend, (sigh) i will wait:thumbup:

n/t