Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Homemade stand for DFX

pmike

Just thought I'd post this on a more positive note. I was able to purchase materials at a local building supply for approx. $10.00, to use for making as many as 3 stands for my White's DFX. I used a piece of 1" X 1/8" X 4' of aluminum stock from the hardware dept of Lowe's, bent it in a bench vise using my hands to pull it over and a hammer to shape it. Next I cut the piece to size with a hack saw, drilled 2 holes for mounting, then painted the stand black with Rustoleum that appears to match the detector. I have posted pics below.

Mike

[attachment 97836 UnpaintedStand.jpg]

[attachment 97837 InstalledStand.jpg]

Nice work! I love DIY projects. :thumbup:

I am gonna make one out of PVC pipe...slit a T so it fits snug around the shaft, then short stright pipe, then another T, then 2 staight pieces, then 2 90 degree angles, then 2 more short straight pieces, then rubber chair cushions for feet....

HH,

How do you keep it from pivoting with only the one screw?

I used thin rubber spacers between the stand and where it touches the control box, and added locking star washers under the longer screws needed to accomodate the stands thickness. Sor far it has worked great.

Mike

Great job, really, but White's sells a nice stand like that for $4.95. Did you make your own to have a higher clearance off of the ground?

Mike

Sorry to have missed the questions and replies. I realized I could buy one from Whites, but figured by the time I added shipping and waited for it to arrive, it would be to my advantage to make it. Sorry to hear about your problem with the screws Smudger, did you replace the factory screws with longer screws when you installed it and did you use lock washers? On mine the original screws were long enough to fit or reach the threads, but I felt it would be better to use screws that were about 1/8th of an inch longer so they would fit all the way in without my stripping the holes by overtightening shorter screws.

Mike