Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Homemade adjustable Scoop :detecting:

solmer

Hi, this is my homemade Scoop to use at beach lake or river, I can't spend $$$ on a professional one so I've decided to build mine.

Keep in mind this is my first try .......

Total cost...... under 15 $ !!! yessss

Let's see:
1 Ikea fork, spoon, knife drainer (sorry about this but I'm form Spain so I don't know the correct word for this item......) 5 $
1 Painter extension shaft............................................................................................................................ 7 $
Some bolts and nuts................................................................................................................................ 0.5 $
Total 12.5 $ :)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notice the neodymium magnet attached at the bottom of the scoop, with this gadget ferrous target like small nails will be attracted by the magnet (thanks to the guy who show me this trick.....)

Share your opinions.

Thanks for looking and....... Happy Finds !!!!

not bad at all. looks pretty darn good to me . We don't even have sand here but i'll have to give it a shot anyway.:clapping:

Looks good to me, and the price is right!

If you put the magnet on the outside, just need to lift it off to separate it from what it's pick up?

HH
rmptr

Thanks for the idea from Ikea :clapping: I did look up and contact Ikea if anyone else wants to try this project. Ikea says the price is $3.99 US. Their official name is "ordning" and in their online catalog it's shown in their kitchen utensil section/cleaning. Online it is called a "cutlery caddy" and the designer is Mikael Warnhammer. Ikea gave me no part number so there is a much info as I have to help you identify it. Called my local Ikea and they had 400 in stock. Might not be hard to find if you have an Ikea around somewhere.:biggrin:

I found Ordning at IKEA some weeks ago and had similar thoughts. Because I only want to make a small scoop for beach hunting, I also purchased a pair of Kroken handles, but the distance between the holes is just a little to long. I am looking around for a handle that fits since then. Any ideas someone?

HH

awesome looks professional

nice scoop,im gonna build one of those

thanks for instructions and needed supplies

Shawn

Nice scoop mate
thanks for the gr8 idea currently in the process of following your design to save myself

I went to IKEA today and they have tons of the SS cutlery caddies. Note there are two sizes a short one and a tall one. The tall one is 7-1/2" long.

Desperate for a sand scoop, I bought a flour sifter, gutted it, cut a round piece of plumbers cloth, shoved it into the sifter........easy greasy! I don't think "solmer's" has enough holes, it won't drain sand fast enough. Looks super professional though.

Looks nice when I need a scoop I will try that, maybe add a few more holes. Well done