Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

homeade scoop questions

e-train

i am gonna make a scoop out of a coffee can should i use a 3lb or a 1lb can I'm gonna use it for mostly sand since i have an ace 250 would the scoop work fine if i just drill holes and but a long handle through the middle and how many holes should i drill at the very bottom

e-train said:
i am gonna make a scoop out of a coffee can should i use a 3lb or a 1lb can I'm gonna use it for mostly sand since i have an ace 250 would the scoop work fine if i just drill holes and but a long handle through the middle and how many holes should i drill at the very bottom

Me thinks no good. You need a scoop to be able to dig with your foot sometimes. It must be stronger than coffe can.

I worry about the strength. Shoving it into dry sand puts a lot of pressure on it. Awhile back, a British fellow made one from an Ikea stainless steel utensil drainer. It's already got the holes and the fellow said it worked really well. I don't remember if it was in the modifications forum or this one. Maybe some else can help on that. Jim

i saw that ikea scoop the nearest ikea place for me is like 1hour away and the shipping on their site is like $20.00 what should i use to make a scoop cause im going to south Carolina this Thursday

e-train said:
i saw that ikea scoop the nearest ikea place for me is like 1hour away and the shipping on their site is like $20.00 what should i use to make a scoop cause im going to south Carolina this Thursday

buy a commercially made. there are lots of them. ask for second day delivery. with all other options high chances are you will be upset and your trip ruined.

making a useable home made scoop requires TIME, PATIENCE and QUALITY RAW MATERIALS. Do you qualify?

i do qualify but i think i should just use a shovel with holes it seems the easiest for me right now and i won't need to worry about my back cause im not an old fellow do you know a place were i can pick up a scoop such as a ice scoop i have something already but it might be a bit small but it will work and its hard plastic

e-train said:
i do qualify but i think i should just use a shovel with holes it seems the easiest for me right now and i won't need to worry about my back cause im not an old fellow do you know a place were i can pick up a scoop such as a ice scoop i have something already but it might be a bit small but it will work and its hard plastic

No good neither. Shovel has a wrong angle of the handle. You won`t be able to dig one-handed, holding your MD in the other hand.

Like I said - buy a scoop with second day delivery. You will be happy and peaced of mind. There are lots of them in mid-price range in the market. You do not need expensive I guess. For $35-$55 you can get a decent one either on Ebay or from Kellyco. Look for TRAVEL model if you are flying. Handle separates in two parts. Do not buy short handle. Long handle only.

Good luck!

HH!

Do not forget to show us your finds please!!

You can use a shovel if you have one and it does not even need holes in it!! Dig the signal and scatter the sand in a thin layer on a spot nearby the dig or perhaps on an old towel.

Make sure first that you check for other signals in the spot where you dump the sand!! This enables you to locate the prize often by seeing it and by running the coil over the sand to pin point the find.

Re-fill the hole and look for another target!!

Takes a little longer, but keeps you in the game until you can afford a good scoop.

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo