Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Home Owners Association meeting or a bike ride to some small town...my choice.......................

Kelley (Texas)

After having attended a few of the Home Owners Association meetings in this neighborhood, no way would I go to it if given the opportunity to get on that bike and ride some back roads...laughable option. I would rather take a beating, well, maybe not a beating, but I would rather not attend these type of neighborhood meetings.

Today's meeting will be held at the Davenport's home, on their driveway and it will be hot. Mr. Davenport is known all over the neighborhood for his model train table in his garage. He has built a large table and nailed some model railroad tracks on it, made some small buildings, and all types of model train things...even has a mountain with a tunnel. I find it boring watching a little train go around this large table while Mr. Davenport is blowing on a wood whistle making train sounds...he also wears a funny looking hat that is light grey with dark stripes, said it is an official railroad hat. In my opinion, that hat looks like something he bought at the Salvation Army, then ran over it with a lawnmower or something to make it look old...silly looking hat. He is a nice man...I just find it boring watching that train go around that table.

The only reason they are having this meeting today is because Mr. and Mrs. Higgins just painted their house and some of the folks around here do not like the blue trim color...what a ridiculous thing to complain about. I think it is time that folks mind their own business and not worry about what color someone paints their house. After the first few meetings, some of the folks suggested that Debbie attend the meetings, but leave me at home. I guess some folks don't want to hear my opinions on some of these nonsense issues. That is OK with me, especially since the refreshments usually suck anyway...if you ever eat one of Mrs. Garcia's homemade oak meal cookies, you will know what I mean, they are horrible!

All being said, I have chosen to go on a bike ride rather than attend the Home Owner's Association meeting this afternoon. By the way, I do not know why they are holding that meeting this afternoon anyway, most of them do not go to church...I see them out every Sunday morning cutting their yards, washing their cars, or working in their flower beds. I am thinking about riding to a small town that was established around 1850...should be some old buildings to photograph. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Motorcycles. Weather they are gonna allow them in the neighborhood. The topic was brought up by a member.... a Mrs D Kelley it seems. Well we will see how it turns out.

Have a great day on the road buddy and post some pictures. I am grounded. Weak as a dang kitten and my alternator went out on my truck. Down to 233lbs this morning :D They said there would be some weight loss and I am tickled with this part of it anyway. Just tired. Wishing I was on a bike ride:thumbup:

My daughter and wife just loaded the horses up in the trailer and are headed to a so called fun day at a nice farm in Brooklyn, CT. They usually have about 12 to 16 people there and they play games most of the day, ride the trails and then have a big cook out with each one bringing a surprise dish.

Me, different trail ride. Headed to the Bac-dor, biker bar that has a BBQ every Sunday from noon till dark. Tons of bikes, great BBQ ribs and a live band. Then headed to the shoreline to visit my daughter Janeen and grandkids. If I plan it right I'll be back up this way around 5:00 PM just in time to invade the horse crowd for their cookout. Take a few pictures there and wala, the day is done..... Hopefully, I'll find some decent things along the way to take pictures of and post.

I've been to a few train meets over the years and some of them really do a nice job of building stuff. I don't have the patients for it but nice to see what they build. I still have my old set of Lionel Santa Fe trains from when I was a kid. We had them all mounted on a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood that hinged to another one. One of the few things I have left over from my days growing up. Like you, given a choice, I'll be burning up the back roads of New England.

Later Geo

it was expected after this type of operation. I think that the good thing is that the pain is gone and this weakness will give you a few days to relax and not do much of anything...just sit back and watch the wildlife, maybe take a few pictures. That weight loss is a great bonus!

One of these days, maybe you, George, and I could ride the bikes and meet at the halfway point. I could even swing by and pick Sunny up...the four of us could call ourselves the "Misfits." Being that I am the quiet type, and George strikes me as being a quiet type too, you would have to promise not to get us into any mischief. :rofl: Most Texans are quiet type folks, seldom stir the pot. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

at that horse event your wife is going on today. Now that you mentioned Bar-B-Q, I think I may stop somewhere and eat some for dinner, or maybe eat some good catfish with corn bread. I would love to see some photos if you have time to take a few...I imagine most of the folks on the Forum would like to see them too! I need to time my arrival back home as late as possible because Debbie is pressuring me to cut this grass again...looks fine to me, but she always likes it cut short. I just do not feel like cutting this yard today. Please have a safe ride! Kelley (Texas) :)

Never been in a neighbourhood [as such] and thus, there are no meetings. However, I am not the meeting type of guy so even if there were an association, I would not go anyway.. :): Anyone tried to tell me what I can or cannot do with my own property is in for an earful!!

Road trip!!! :rofl:

Hope you have a good one Fred..

fair winds

Mikie

and critque a neighbors house, landscaping, where he parks what etc. I saw where there are some that will not allow you to park a Pickup where it can be seen. A brand new 40k pickup has to be under cover or out of the special little shangrala when the night falls.

Course it controls the good old boys too :D No 20 year old fords on blocks in those neighborhoods for sure and the outhouse have to have a lilac screen too

Kelly I hope you took the bike ride, it would let many other poor Texans down today if you went to the Home owners Association, instead of doing something enjoyable today, like bike riding. Just think how many guys at that meeting wishing they were out riding instead of hearing about the new entrance sign or what kind of new rules there going to in place on those out ridings there motor cycles on a pretty day.:devil:

We are pretty secure in our marriage. Debbie already knows about all my friends on this Forum, including you. I would have to learn how to ride the bike with a passenger...never done that before. I often rode a horse with someone behind me, but never have on that bike yet. What would really be great would be for all of us to meet somewhere and ride to see Mike and Wayne...that would be a ride of a life time. I am still having problems on long rides and think it may be the medication for the diabetic thing...I can not seem to get pass the two hundred mile mark without getting extremely tired. I sure hope you are on the mend and will soon be back on the Forum full time...your friends here miss you! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

If they just set there and go with the flow it is easy. If they are tense and try to balance the thing for you it can be trouble. My brother took my mother on his bike when she was in her mid 80's with no problems except she just never quit talking :D

and thus insure that it does not turn into a slum type area. This is the first time that I have had any experience with something like this. To me it is just a tool to mess with folks over nonsense issues. Our association is staffed with nerd type folks, the type that you are tempted to take behind the barn for a good beating. I just ignore them, let them play their little games. I notice that they sorta avoid me and are probably happy that I do not normally attend the meetings. I have better things to do than attend those silly, witch hunt meetings, and like I stated yesterday, the refreshments are horrible, not fit for a dog to eat. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)