Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Home forclosures?

rebelLT

I happened to be driving by a very old house that I have been watching and that has been sitting vacant for about a year. I have tried to contact the owner before with no results. Today I see a person in the front yard with a clipboard in hand. I stop and speak with person. Person tells me that she/he represents a realty company that ends up with fha and hud forclosures and that she/he is the agent and lives abot 100 miles away. The person says to knock myself out with the metal detector and says they dont care if I hunt any of the agancies houses around. Even directs me to a website thats posted on a sticker on the window of the house. Now, I have tons of old houses to hunt anyway, I just wanted to share this with all of you. I got to thinking about this and realized that this could be a great resource for old houses to hunt. I dont know how many hud and fha foreclosures there are in the country, though there are probably a bunch, and most likely in choice, old coin rich neighborhoods (just like I like it!). Anybody else ever done this before? I dont even imagine anyone would give a dog poop if you hunted these places one way or another. Doesnt matter though cause I kinda got an open ended hall pass on this one!:)

What?? You just think HUD and FHA don't care? What makes you think that? Maybe you got a "wink wink go-ahead on just that one yard, but this doesn't mean others can treat ones in their area as open-game. No matter how abandoned it seems, and no matter how remote those nameless faceless govt. agencies may be, it's STILL at all times "owned" or controlled by someone, no matter how remote, and even if that happens to be a govt. agency.

So I suggest we all go up the chain of command for proper, true (not just a wink-wink from a lower ranking inspector) written permission, lest you give our hobby a bad name. You know the "code of ethics" that say "always ask permission" lest you be "trespassing". Tsk tsk!

HA! NOT :) I do it all the time. Heck, I don't even wait to know if it's in forclosure, or whatever limbo status. I just hit abandoned weed-choked houses at will :) (when it's obvious that it's abandoned) I figure if it's falling down, and left to rot, why would anyone care? But yeah, if you knew ahead that it was actually reverted to govt. control, d/t back-property-taxes, then you even have more clout, to say that it's temporarily under such & such status (if you were approached by a busy-body). Of course, they could tell you "well, did you go to state capital, and get the agencies permission?" but reality says that no one gives a hoot.

I went back to the house today and hit it! 4 IH's (89, 98, 99, and 02), a 1911, 42 and 45 dimes:clapping: and a hand full of wheats. The posting on the house said pyramid realty. org. I havent checked the site yet. I think that someone had MDed the house before as everything old was over 6 inches and a few shallow qtrs, NOTHING between and inch and 6 inches. I'm starting to get the hang of the EX2. When I first bought the EX2 about a month ago I took it to some of the OLD parks. I didnt find any deep silver, though I found a bunch of IH's deep. I finally decided to start hitting the old house sites to find some goodies. Both mercs were between six and seven inches. The barber was between seven and eight. The barber was an inch or two deeper than the 6 inch blade on my digging tool and sounded clear from every angle. BTW these were my first three silvers with the EX2 and number 43 through 45 for the year. I will say, confidently, that my XLT would not have found any of the dimes or IH's.