Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Holey Lincoln

7centsworth

I have wanted to hunt this house for a few years now but didn't figure I could get permission. I introduced myself and told him what I did. He then told me it had been detected around a dozen times over the years. Usually that is I don't want you to detect saying. But I ask him any way[do you care if I give it a try?] He said he guessed I could try but I wouldn't find much as the last guy just found junk and some corroded batteries. I told him I would show him if I found any good stuff. Well since he said it had been hunted that much and he had lived there over 80 years[he was raised here]I put on my 6 inch dd coil. I liked to have never found a clean spot to ground balance. I finally did and after a couple minutes dug my first target a 1951 nickel. I thought are you kidding that was missed, then a couple minutes later a wheat penny. Then a 1943s silver nickel. I ended up digging 7 wheats and several other coins three buttons. One has a duck on it one is tiny with a flower on the front and the other I cant tell much about. The coolest coin I dug was a 1948 wheat with a bullet hole through it. This was one of the best yards I have detected as I only detected the side yard and for only a couple hours. My leg started getting sore so I decided to go. I showed him my finds and he couldn't believe it. I didn't figure he would let me hunt again and I wanted to finish the yard bad but I was sore and I needed to spend time with my family.I asked him if I could detect it again sometime and he said that was enough. I thanked him as I was blessed to have one chance. I thought wow that yard had never seen a minelab and a small coil before. The yard was very trashy but I only dug about 5 trash items believe it or not. I think that is a record on trash dug for me.

Very nice finds - he is an older guy so in a couple years see if he's still around and maybe ask someone else there for permission. WTG !!

Steve in so la

Wish you could hit it again. Bet there is more silver there. Congrats on the finds. I like that bullet hole penny!

I wish I could to. I just have a hard time believing it was hunted that many times. I think it was detected but I don't know about a dozen times. I had a blast in that yard.

A friend and I one time got permission to hunt an 1868 school house. The lady said 1000 people had hunted it, and we could be 1001. I killed it there! Silver. Indians, and much more. I am glad the first 1000 dug all the shallow clad and junk and left the oldies for me! I believe it was my detector and experience that found what they didn't! :thumbup:

Hi Travis...Congrats on the Civil War finds and the holey Lincoln.....When I was detecting a long time ago, I dug up a silver dime sitting within a penny and both had a hole through them, where someone shot them while one was on top of the other! A neat find for both of us! God Bless! Ma

Missouri--Ma Betty said:
Hi Travis...Congrats on the Civil War finds and the holey Lincoln.....When I was detecting a long time ago, I dug up a silver dime sitting within a penny and both had a hole through them, where someone shot them while one was on top of the other! A neat find for both of us! God Bless! Ma
That would be a neat find.

Yes, even though the dime is silver and maybe a wheat penny (haven't looked at them in quite sometime) I will keep them as memories of my many hunts! Wish I could still go but my time of :detecting: has ended! Too old and of ill health too soon! :surrender: God Bless! Ma