Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hold the fort....

Dan-MO

As some of you may have noticed it has been awhile since I have posted much more than a comment to a written story here.The truth is -we (my wife and I) have been overwhelmed with many problems on many fronts that have taken nearly all of our time. I won't go into lots of details but the range of problems have been on many different fronts and ranged from health problems to family problems (custody battle concerning grandchildren) to legal problems (caused by the same) to fianancial problems (same cause). On top of this there have been other unrelated problems that seem to crop up out of nowhere nearly every day.I finally came to realize that I/we couldn't fix them all -and the stress of trying to was killing me. One day we made the decision to admitt to ourselves that all of the problems were bigger than we were -and from that point forward to do the best we could and trust in God to take care of the rest-since then things have gotten much better.

Our situation reminded me of the history I once read of a old gospel song-a true story.I googled it and found the following.

Just before [Will

It seems it just gets tougher at times, doesn't it? Health is first, with no choice! I know, we all would like to have "family" first, but life doesn't seem to play it that way. Hang in there, it will turn for the better sooner or later. It is good to know your still with us! :thumbup:

n/t

how things can go from normal to horrible and then get worse. Good thinking my friend, do not let it affect your health.
Thanks for letting us know.

you know, you have to take care of your health, nobody else it going to. The other problems will sort themselves out without your killing yourself. Your kids and grand kids would not appreciate it, not to mention us!

Life is a string of problems and we just have to take care of them one at a time. I realize it is very easy for me setting here to say that and when it is happening to me it takes on supreme importance. It is important but so is your health and that includes mental health.

Take care of yourself buddy

bad luck Dan. This aging process is all its cracked up to be, but I guess over the years we learn how to roll with the punches. Somehow it all seems to work out. I've traveled that path myself from time to time and somehow we make it thru it. Just makes you
tougher for the next hurdle if it comes. Health is major. Without that and some faith, it gets all the harder.

Good to see you back online.

George-CT

my brother only around 65 is on kidney machine,man hope it's not hereditary...take care of your body you only get to kick the can once.

I got lucky in a couple of ways, first my older son George III offered me one if I needed it. Then while I was in getting ready to go on a machine a new doctor to me but had been in the Hartford Hospital System asked me if I wanted to get in on a Presizone Trial that they found worked pretty well when coupled with some other cancer drugs that helped it amplifiy what it does. I was on mega doses of Presizone for just over a year but it brought the creatinine levels down to except able levels and they still are. Each week I went in he would ask my wife if we were still married. I was one hyper kitty for that year. Talk about wired.... but it worked. The machine is no fun for sure. But if its the only game in town, ya do what you need to do.

Geo-CT