Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HOLD ONTO YOUR SHORTS... YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS ONE! :surprised:

Steve(OR)

So my friend calls me to say he went detecting with his 7 year old daughter... and while he's digging up mid-70s clad and rusty nails and junk, his daughter is poking around and finds this 'thing.' She shows it to her dad, saying, "Daddy, what's this?" My friend looks at this 'thing,' not totally positive he's looking at what he thinks he's looking at. It's an oddly shape, square ring of some sort, looks kinda like it could be a ring (jewelry), but no hallmarks... and it is so damned big... but it looks like... gold.

Anyway, this evening I bring over my scale and gold test kit... hold on, here it comes:

48.5 grams - BETTER THAN 18K GOLD RING !! :super:

The highest gold acid I have is 18K and it didn't even budge it!!

We sat around trying to figure out how this monstrosity came about - and I like my friend's explanation the best... pre-1933 gold hoarder melted his gold coin(s) into this ring instead of turning them in, then preceded to lose this ring.

Of course, it will never be known exactly how or why this ring came about... but what I do know for sure is that my friend's 7 year old daughter, without a detector, is better than me and my Explorer !! :rofl:

... and I don't mind one bit !!

[attachment 175438 sjg.jpg]

SCM

That is cool Steve. Does she have any idea yet what she found yet? Probably not. Thats just over 1.5 oz troy.

Jeff

Jeff... not at first (... when I said 'it's definitely gold', she said, 'Is that good?').

But she's pretty smart, and knows that we were making a pretty big deal about it... so she now knows the difference between brass, bronze and gold. :thumbup:

SCM

That's amazing! Something she can put towards her college fund. Get her a detector - she sounds like a natural. HH.

Yeah, imagine what she could do with a Minelab in her hands...and she could afford one! :yo: Great story, thanks for sharing. That's LTM material there. You and your friend should write it down and submit it.

Makes a person wonder just what happened for someone
to "loose" a ring of that size and being gold to boot. It's a
great find and will be talked about for some time I think.
Congrats to your friends daughter. Gold Nuggets :wiggle: