Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hog keeps rootin

Wile.E

HI folks new to forum , , am a little older but just wanted to say ,I use garrett grondhog 30 some years old and never had problem one with it.IM just wondering why garrett quit building it? unfortunately I have never been able to buy one of these new computerized detectors,but havent seen nothing yet groundhog wont do twice-over, meaning capabilities,not knocking anybodys machine , capabilites or anything else. I know the machine is lots heavier than modern machines,which I have been looking for armrest for 2 years,but besides the fact, what machine now has the performance of this one? Im a bit old fashioned but will be sunk if ole hog quits rootin.Would love to send pics, but dont how

The :garrett:AT PRO may be your next best investment after the Groung hog.

Wile.E said:
what does that reply mean? explain

Wile E;
Just like anything else any thing that's man made will eventually fail.
Your saying the quote (old hog quits rooting) which may happen in the future
you may have to invest in newer technology hense the AT PRO could be a good choice.
Excellent detector likely will cause lots of older machine to be redundant.
Not meant as an offence like anything else time does move on and so does detector technology.

The Garrett Gold Scorpion is the modern GroundHog of old. I have used 1980's GroundHogs for awhile now. I have bought and sold 4 1980s Groundhogs over the last few years and alway miss one when I don't have one. I love my 1986 Gold Hunter (Groundhog, Green with U handle and toggle switch in the grip). I just bought a used Scorpion and air tested the two head to head. The Scorpion is about 1" deeper with equivalent coil sizes. I believe this is due to improved coil design. So don't fear, if she dies get the Scorp and you will be right at home.

It'll be hard for you to replace that Groundhog no matter what. You use the same machine for thirty years, you come to understand it like few people can and you'd probably outperform most people with new machines.

You may have heard it before: its not the detector as much as it is the user. I would hate to compete with you for finds!

As to which is most like the Groundhog, I have to agree the Gold Scorpion will come closest.

You may also want to explore Tesoros a little bit as well.

Hope that unit of yours keeps running! :garrett: