Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit the northern resort area this am.....some sand is moving

Don't take my word 100%, but it seemed to me a little sand has moved out since I was there two days ago. I got there about 6am and think it was about mid-tide. Got a little clad, which is better than none that I got two days ago.

Max is correct on the other post; we should be getting a good storm and heavy seas....approx 7'-9' surf around Friday continuing through the weekend. Here's a link to our local marine forecast:

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/shmrn.php?mz=anz656

Good luck to all, let

Rich, With the tourist season about over out your way seems you guys could sleuth out more precisely how much sand erosion/filling is really going on. Have you ever considered burying "telltales" in your favorite spots just to see what the surf is really doing to the beach? When you hit a productive depth (maybe with some older finds) you could then mark that depth by planting a "telltale" that you can check later to measure the change in fill or erosion.
Just thinking out load but it seems a chunk of lead or a 6" piece of re-bar buried about a foot under the sand would hold as an anchor. Maybe a stiff nylon (lawn trimmer string) tied to anything small and buoyant such that the float would be at least 12" above the sand for easy visibility. Plant at low to mid tide, measure the nylon above the sand and check later for change.
Maybe not practical because of severe surf action out your way but seems like it might work and maybe a little more accurate than your calibrated eyeball. :shrug: