Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit pay dirt today, I found a High School Ring................

Kelley (Texas)

While riding the bike this evening, I found this High School Ring in the gravel on the side of the road at a railroad crossing. I was waiting for the train to pass when I saw it out of the corner of my eye. I dismounted the bike, took a quick glance around to make sure that there was not a snake hiding in the weeds, and picked the ring up and put it in my pocket. Can you imagine my surprise when I arrived home and took a look at the ring that I had found. Kelley (Texas) :)

[attachment 137534 highschoolring_1.jpg]

[attachment 137535 highschoolring_2.jpg]

[attachment 137536 highschoolring_3.jpg]

it is just a minit away from me,it is a house around the 1950's so potential for some pre 67 coins which are silver.Will post in a few days. Here are a few very recent finds from a nearby park. Orlando

What is the large, dark coin in that picture? It appears that the old pocket watch was in the ground a long time. You are doing good. Kelley (Texas) :)

yes I'm hoping to find some silver,the house is being torn down,and it will be nice to hunt because it has a tall hedge on all sides..just me digging away :) but hope get there before the bulldozer,sometimes it's too late..

Looks like that ring got run over a lot Fred.

Can you make out a date, etc?

Who needs a medal detector when you have a bike and a good pair of eyes!:thumbup:

CJ

n/t

It just says "High School" around the red colored stone. I figure that it may be a child's play ring, but then again, it is too big for a child. I have found a few high school rings in the past, but they were always gold metal, but this one is plastic. I wonder if it could be a ring that poor folks wore because they could not afford a regular school ring? Kelley (Texas) :)

yes, it is a bonus added to the ride. This is a strange ring, can't figure out what it is...too big to be a child's play ring. Kelley (Texas) :)

For a while rings like that were in vending machines. This was back in the '80s. The gold-colored one had a red 'stone' while an identical ring, silver colored, had a blue 'stone.' I think the machine took quarters. I've also seen them at vendors' tables at our county fair & as slum prizes at carnivals.

seen one of these plastic high school rings before. Do you know whether or not these could be gold plated? I guess that I will just throw it into one of my "junk finds" mason jars...along with some other junk rings that I have found. Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

n/t

There's a plating for plastic that looks like real gold but isn't. It's used on a lot of cheap, battery-powered electric trains. Likewise a silver-looking stuff that contains no silver.

You need to carry a long handle sand scoop with you Fred when your out riding that way you don't have to get off the bike.