Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit Conn. shore today and did some coldwater hunting

Casper-1

Went down to Conn. shoreline today. I had planned on hitting a spot at low tide where there is a private club on the beach - there is no parking nearby and I would have had to walk a mile to get there - been wanting to hit here for awhile - but I got down there a little earlier then I had planned and tide was not where I wanted it yet so I hit another spot that Ive gotten old stuff at before. It is just a little local saltwater spot. Parking for residents only in season. I headed out into the waters. I was only out for about 5 min. when i got a faint reading. I stuck scoop in and hit a large rock about a foot down. I got it out of the way and rechecked and still got faint reading. scooped again - rechecked - scooped - rechecked - finally had it in my scoop. When I finally got most of the black sand muck out I saw large cookie coin - really caked. A few feet away I got another deep signal and got a buff. nickel. I hit another spot where I got some deep targets - got a couple of silver dimes - caked. Then I got a whisper of a signal - type that with every other pass kept disappearing - it was that deep. I fanned bottom with my dive boot and took away about 4-5 inches and rechecked - I finally got a steady signal - very faint but there. After about 5 scoops I looked in to see large old gold signet ring - made my day - old gold & old silver. Will probably head back down again tommorrow.

P.S. Used my PI today - for those that want to know

I pretty much concentrate on faint ones - it's usually the stuff all the other machines miss and 9 times out of 10 it's usually a keeper - up here junk metals don't last that long to get that deep.