Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hit a brand new (to me) park....

JimmyCT

I decided to take a nice long ride today, cruising the back-roads eventually ending up at my destination. I decided to hunt this park as someone mentioned there was nothing there.... πŸ™„πŸ™„(here we go again lol) This individual indicated a good friend of theirs cleaned the place out and don't even bother hunting it. I don't know about you, but I am always up for a challenge 😁 especially when someone indicates its been "hunted out". This is the second time this year I heard these infamous words. In any case, after arriving, I surveyed the area and performed some "spot checking" . I will say its been hunted, but it hasn't been cleaned out.

Side note: I need more hunting areas.....if there is anyone in CT that feels their hunting areas have been cleaned out, PM please. I would like to hunt them πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒ.

Things started out slow but I then decided to hunt the very edge of the field. Out pops the 64" Rosey. Very shallow and no more then 2" deep.
As I am cruising at a steady slow speed I come to a very tiny opening in the woods. I take a left into this opening and find the 1917 merc. Coin is about 3" deep.
I walked back out of the opening and continue down the edge of this field and find a bunch of clad.
I decide to walk across the field and start hunting along the edge. My first signal was a little bouncy jumping back and forth between 24-26 in TID. It was a decent steady tone. Dug a good 6" and out pops the 1916 Merc. :oops: OH please have a "D" lol. Unfortunately it is not a 16' D. Maybe next time? πŸ˜ƒ
I continue on and find 6 wheat pennies. The oldest being 1915.
At this point my stomach is telling me its time to eat.
Scanning as I head toward my vehicle and get a nice high tone / 26 in TID. I finally received my Sterling wings!!

Thanks for reading.

Equinox 800 Settings:
Park1 - Multi - freq
GB- 0
F2 iron bias - 0
recovery 4
50 tones
"All-metal"

Attachments

• IMG_2333 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2333 - Copy.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2334 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2334 - Copy.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2336 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2336 - Copy.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_2338 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_2338 - Copy.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2359 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2359 - Copy.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2360 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2360 - Copy.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 120
Well you had a great day at that Hunted Out Park!!!!! Gonna need to keep you out of my woods lol..... Congrats Love the Pin!!!!!!

Mike

Come on Mike, be a sport :LOL:

Well you had a great day at that Hunted Out Park!!!!! Gonna need to keep you out of my woods lol..... Congrats Love the Pin!!!!!!

Mike

You're always more than welcome down here! Free place to stay just have to get here lol..... Crops should be coming out of the fields here in the near future!!!!!

Mike

Thanks Mike! Sounds like we need to get Felix the Cat involved in this :ROFLMAO:
Then it can be an unlimited pizza and wings party with silver in between:p:LOL::ROFLMAO:

You're always more than welcome down here! Free place to stay just have to get here lol..... Crops should be coming out of the fields here in the near future!!!!!

Mike

Attachments

• 556FE1E2-8EF2-4CC6-A775-73364A52E99C.jpeg
    556FE1E2-8EF2-4CC6-A775-73364A52E99C.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 75
I decided to take a nice long ride today, cruising the back-roads eventually ending up at my destination. I decided to hunt this park as someone mentioned there was nothing there.... πŸ™„πŸ™„(here we go again lol) This individual indicated a good friend of theirs cleaned the place out and don't even bother hunting it. I don't know about you, but I am always up for a challenge 😁 especially when someone indicates its been "hunted out". This is the second time this year I heard these infamous words. In any case, after arriving, I surveyed the area and performed some "spot checking" . I will say its been hunted, but it hasn't been cleaned out.

Side note: I need more hunting areas.....if there is anyone in CT that feels their hunting areas have been cleaned out, PM please. I would like to hunt them πŸ™‚πŸ™ƒ.

Things started out slow but I then decided to hunt the very edge of the field. Out pops the 64" Rosey. Very shallow and no more then 2" deep.
As I am cruising at a steady slow speed I come to a very tiny opening in the woods. I take a left into this opening and find the 1917 merc. Coin is about 3" deep.
I walked back out of the opening and continue down the edge of this field and find a bunch of clad.
I decide to walk across the field and start hunting along the edge. My first signal was a little bouncy jumping back and forth between 24-26 in TID. It was a decent steady tone. Dug a good 6" and out pops the 1916 Merc. :oops: OH please have a "D" lol. Unfortunately it is not a 16' D. Maybe next time? πŸ˜ƒ
Scanning as I head toward my vehicle and get a nice high tone / 26 in TID. I finally received my Sterling wings!!

Thanks for reading.

Equinox 800 Settings:
Park1 - Multi - freq
GB- 0
F2 iron bias - 0
recovery 4
50 tones
"All-metal"

Congrats--Those are really nice finds for a hunted out park & near by woods! You are the Finder & get to keep the Keepers! Ma

Those wings are super cool, hope you find some info about them

What I found is a wings pin: The pin was issued to bomber pilots and aerial gunners in WW II.
The pin is made of solid sterling silver.

Attachments

• 0DFFF1D4-2241-413C-9567-FFD49C7E45C1.jpeg
    0DFFF1D4-2241-413C-9567-FFD49C7E45C1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
Very nice finds Jim... those wings are finally shining again along with those silver dime!!!
Now I think you need rest for about 6 months before you go back!!!🀣
Too bad they forgot to put that D on that 1916...:rofl:
You had a great day of detecting!!

Nice finds I found a set of wings similar to those very cool find!
61F75F6A-57E6-48F0-A22D-688FDC765488.png

Mark

Thanks for reading.

Equinox 800 Settings:
Park1 - Multi - freq
GB- 0
F2 iron bias - 0
recovery 4
50 tones
"All-metal"
Congratulations on that nice walk through a new park!
Tony

Thanks for reading.

Equinox 800 Settings:
Park1 - Multi - freq
GB- 0
F2 iron bias - 0
recovery 4
50 tones
"All-metal"
For a park that was supposedly hunted out, you sure did a fantastic job.

Thanks for reading.

Equinox 800 Settings:
Park1 - Multi - freq
GB- 0
F2 iron bias - 0
recovery 4
50 tones
"All-metal"
I'll restate this once more... and earthlypotluck just proved it for a second time in less than 30 days.
1. Targets are missed by 1-inch
2. Targets are ignored
3. You can't get them all

Maybe I need to re-detect some spots I thought were tapped out..?

Congrats on your finds! But posting your picture to me is like let me trump what you found! Maybe I'm wrong! But just saying congrats might have been more appropriate!
Nice finds I found a set of wings similar to those very cool find!View attachment 6883
Mark
Well congrats your finds Mark! but I think it might have been a little more appropriate is to just show the wings you found! unlike look at everything I found!!!! Maybe trying to Hi-Jack His Post! That's the way I see posts like this!!!!!

Mike