Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hilltop Harvest 2006

Arkie John

I awoke at 6:00 a.m. to the rhythmatic pitter-patter of a steady rain. Since it had not rained in nearly three weeks, it was certainly welcomed. But coupled with the cool, dankness and remembering that I had been up before daylight every other day of my two-week vacation, and knowing the deer are moving mostly at night these days, I made a command decision. I went back to bed! It felt so warm. The deer could wait another day, I thought. I sleep well on a rainy, dark day and soon I drifted off.

It rained all day but all was not lost. It made for a really good day to play around in the shop. So after arising at 10:00 a.m. I did

Aj i was getting into this story:blowup:
If you can hit a squirrel like that.....wow! I used to carry my slingshot and a pocketful of no. 6 shot to quiet those little "burgler alarms":lol:

Wayne,

I have a "wrist rocket" sling shot that is 30 plus years old. I just change out the surgical tubing every so often and I'm set. I shoot steel balls like No.1 Buckshot.

Over the years, I have killed many squirrels, rabbits and (Lil' Brother is my witness) one wild duck. I have shot at MANY more than I killed but, I have brought home a bunch.

One time I got five or six shots as a wild turkey that was no more than 20 yards from me and never touched a feather.

The day of the latest story found me without a good replacement surgical rubber for the slingshot.

I also miss squirrels with my bow also. I'm STILL lookin' for a couple of arrows I lost three weeks ago! :lol:

aj

came down here to check the forum a few minutes ago.

I looked in the back yard and there were 5 deer and 16 turkey and six black squirrels out there munching corn.

Rob knows how close they come.

I am headed for the next chapter right now. I enjoy these hunting storys. I wish you would take a camera along though. I would love to see your blind!!:thumbup:

...a lariet rope would do just fine methinks.

I have had corn on the ground around here since April and have yet to see my first turkey. I don't know where they are right now.

Last year they were here quite a bit. Have a good day, buddy.

aj