Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

High Trash setting and discrimination

keith

In Andy's book it says that in the High Trash stetting the detector emphasizes the strongest ACCEPTABLE SIGNAL. So I take it that if you ran the High Trash setting in a open (no discrimination) window that all signals would be emphasized since there are no signals rejected and this would be pointless program. Any comments? am i wrong?

yep, correct.

That's how I've always understood it. The H/T setting works well bringing up middle tones in Jay's Gold Prog and you can see two cursors where you have two targets under the coil. Great feature.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Clive.... H/T will provide separate signals for targets near each other? I know F/C does. So are u saying running a disc screen break up disc signals so as to give more emphasis on good targets?

Dew

http://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/ctx-3030-target-separation-more-than-a-random-choice

To take this a little further......... which are you salt water hunters using High or Low trash? I can see and advantage to both even on a clear beach. Now....... just what does a faster sweep speed mean? How fast is to slow or fast? Ive noticed in LT which i use the CTX gives an awfully fast response to near targets...... if you arent listening carefully you can miss a good one. It also will give a con and ferr response to things like earring studs with mixed metal. Would the HT just give the Con response? I have to admit ive not tested both.

Dew

Dew: On my preferred salt beach the suggested sensitivity is 19 or 20 so I usually opt for low trash as there is low mineral and only marginal trash. The TDI ferrous jumps but the conductive is steady and true. With high trash I run fast on deep off and you hear a lot of signals and the TDI is all over the place and some depth is lost I think. If I'm in the bay lots of iron , suggested sensitivity 10-12 I run ferrous coin. Deep on fast off and TDI fairly stable but ground coin in high mineral little iron is the steadiest TDI of all I think. Well did I muddy the waters? I would say less than one second to four feet is what I call fast? One second to three to four feet with a slight pause at the end is my preferred sweep speed in low trash.

Carolina

That should read F/C. but yes, the H/T setting brings up those responses which you are accepting--like a boost. I've had some great hunts with it in iron.
cjc

CJC: Not sure what your reference that should read F/C is in reference to?

Carolina