Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

High tone, low VDI numbers

cometguy

I will be the first to admit that I need more time on the Deus. I took it out today to an old farm house site in a field. I got a ton of 90 going to 98s that I assumed were big iron. Some were raspy sounding and all that I dug were iron. The ones that puzzled me were the great sounding tones at 08. I didn't dig any of them but I would have hunting at tone only. I hunted mostly in Deus Fast. Anybody have any observations for me? Right now I am planning some training sessions with coins, junk etc maybe glued to a dowel rod and waved at different distances from the coil.

Thanks, Don

I do not own it so I am not expert but I would not always rely on the #'s if it sounds good dig it especially if you are just learning the machine.. Just my 2c GL HH

Not sure this will help, but I would be carefull not to dig anything from 30 to 97 at the Deus....
Very Big IRON is difficult, but I do raise the coil over the target, to get a feeling... (Like air test)
Allso look at the segment showing the dept, it will go in full scale If it is Big iron.
Maybee the Sound going in 2 tones will Be better... or easy.
Degrease the sens. is not the way to help, because you lose small target.
Henrik

If it had a good tone and the number was solid (not jumping around), I would dig it just to see what it is. The numbers can't be trusted on a deep target.

If you're using Deus Fast exactly as it's set up with Iron Volume at 3, then you should be hearing a distinct iron buzz along with those false high tones........then it's time to circle the target and sweep that coil. I've found the Deus to be very good in iron; especially nails. The bigger stuff can fool it at times, so can round, coin-sized objects with a hole in the middle........but for the most part, no problem.

cometguy said:
The ones that puzzled me were the great sounding tones at 08. Thanks, Don

Remember Don, Deus Fast Discrimination is set at 6.8 so anything that reads above that will go to your next tone setting. If you are getting good solid tones at 08 then turn the discrimination up to void it out, but remember the higher the discrimination the less depth and less good finds in the trash. Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Don dig a few of those and check them out, it would be interesting to know what it/they are. I've gotten into a cpl sites where I dug some good sounding targets in the teens but they were mid tone and turned out to be rocks that looked like coal cinders. If your getting hi tone without any iron sounds it "could" be a goodie hiding in iron.