Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

high pitch buzz from my ace 250 ?

thanks for quick reply you put my mind at rest:thumbup: i would have been awake all night wondering cheers !!!!

A factory reset will cure most problems. A certain amount of "threshold" is normal, though.

Stick headphones on it and that would determine if it's a speaker problem.

Chris

Never happened to me and all I do is beach hunt. I wonder if checking the connections and making sure they are free of sand and moisture might help?

This has been noted in earlier posts as normal-I hear it on mine. The best explanation I've heard is that it's the high-powered turbine in the Ace firing up.:rofl:

A lot of 250 owners hear that buzz. Don't hear it on mine but I have one of the first to come off the line.

Bill

That's about what it sounds like to me.. :/
I hear mine very plainly if it's quiet in the area.
I imagine it's some type of oscillator in the circuit
that causes that noise.
Kind of like some people can hear the oscillator
in TV's if their hearing goes that high in frequency.
I think that was about 15,000 cycles or so if I remember
right. Some people don't hear it. Some, it drives em nuts
with the constant high pitched whine. You gradually lose
high frequency response as you age. So the younger one
is, the more likely they are to be able to hear such high pitched
noises. But.. I'm 52, and I hear it just fine.. :shrug:

Both my 250's do that. It's normal. Some can't hear the high pitch tone. I guess some machines may not do it either. But don't worry about it. Think of it as your turbo charger winding up in your machine.

I opened mine up and found a Garrett turbocharger in there. Here is the link to the exact one.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.staticxmotorsports.com/ProductImages/productimages/garrett/gt47/GT4788R.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.staticxmotorsports.com/garrettgt4708turbocharger-139ar-bto.aspx&usg=__mYxLJCgCl0YTYIx7pcFMB9z8WQU=&h=450&w=450&sz=35&hl=en&start=17&sig2=VXDFcAxulqDrWvpv5vQqUw&um=1&tbnid=IzTxlrv2NmZeMM:&tbnh=127&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dturbochargers%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1&ei=dptJSuHaEZDQM5KAjbMK

What amazes me is how they got that thing in the housing, especially with the battery Bunny in there that keeps on going and going......:hot:

Yes if you have good ears and can hear high sounds you can hear the machine making that noise when it is on. Subtle but it is noticable when it is very quiet.

Don