Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi to all.....New to the Forum

muddiver

I just wanted to say Hello to everyone on the forum and introduce myself. My name is Bob Walker and I live in Lynchburg, Virginia. I just ordered my first detector and can't tell you how excited I am already. I ordered a Minelab X-terra 705 for me and got a Pioneer 505 for my son. I ordered from KellyCo and JW was a great guy to work with. I downloaded the manual for some reading prior to the unit arriving and I must say...I'm a little intimidated by all the technical info, LOL! Hopefully, my knowledge base will come quickly. I've been reading on the forum for the past couple of days and have found that there's an abundance of knowledge here. Just hope my shipment comes soon!!

Welcome! I think you made a wise choice with the 705. I have the older version (x70) and in the last six months I have used it, it has already paid for itself many times over in terms of the legal tender and valuables I have recovered. . You won't be disappointed if you read your manuals, follow the instructions, and the seek the advice and experience shared on this forum. Curious to know if you used another machine prior to this one? I think it will take you several outings before you get a good feel for your machine. Like me for example. I am a slow learner..... I have two hooks for hands and a set of false teeth and a reconstructed chin and nose, because I finally figured out on the third attempt that I should toss the cherry bombs after lighting them..... lighting them became a little harder with my hooks so I held the cherry bomb with my teeth and tried to light it with my hooks..... I still find stuff and luckily for me I found my old nose because I had a gawdy earring in my pierced nose which was still in there after I got out of the hosptial.....the xterra found it no problem ...But seriously...we share our fun here, and our finds, and those who aren't too greedy share their finds, their experiences and lessons learned.....Good luck and happy hunting!

The X-Terra can be simple or somewhat complicated, you choose. However, once you get the machine in your hands and get going you will see that it is really a fun and easy machine to use. Good Luck.

Sounds like you are all set to go detecting! Before the detector arrives, I'd invite you to take a look at some of the posts and videos available in the FAQFAQ section at the top of these posts. And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Lots of well qualified X-Terra users on this forum. HH Randy

Welcome to the site! Very glad you are here! I know you will enjoy the 705! Good luck and good hunting, Beale.

Thanks for the replys, guys!

dignit - Nope, never used one before, this is my first time.

Randy - Is the info for the X 70 the same for the 705?

Is there anywhere to view a "how to" or "how to use" video on the 705?

Thanks again,
Bob

Welcome to the forum lot of good people here , and lots of good information.

There were a few "updates" to the 705. But the basic operation is the same. In addition to a software upgrade, the 705 added another Pattern, a backlight feature, offset GB tracking and Pinpoint sizing option. HH Randy

Turn the threshhold down to where you can just barley hear it. 3 to 7 range. headphones are best.

HH
Jeff

Thanks again! Watched the videos and they sure helped me understand the manual a lot better. Can't wait to start getting "hands on" experience though......

Welcome to the forum! Being from Lynchburg, you will be very busy digging CW relics. http://www.gravegarden.org/hospitals.htm HH, Mike

Hello Bob and welcome to the forum!!!
You can learn alot from reading the various posts located here and these guys are very good at answering questions you may have.
I see you are in Lynchburg.... I live just south of Charlottesville so maybe we can get together sometime for a hunt.
You picked a very good detector and once you get used to the controls, you will find that it is not complicated at all.
I have an X-terra 50 and have had great success with it in the 3 years that I have been detecting.
I have learned techniques from reading these post that probably would have taken months or years to learn otherwise,
so this is a good source for questions you may have from time to time.
Good luck to you and your son in your new hobby,
Felix
P.S. Be careful... this hobby can be addictive!! LOL

Thanks again for the welcomes!

Mike - I appreciate the link, had no idea there were that many hospitals during the war here in L'burg.

Felix - Sounds good. With all the troop movement in the area there should be lots of good hunting, can't wait.....