Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi, My name is Artie, and I found my way back.

artman60

In 2008 I bought an Excalibur, set it up with a chest mount, and a straight rod. Mostly use it at salt water beaches in the MA, NH, and ME area. I love it, and was somewhat active here. The kid is turning 30 in December, been married, bought a house, and is now divorced in all that time, so life got real busy for a while (not really slowing down now, either LOL). So a guy I work with, and trust real well, his F-I-L passed away and he is helping his M-I-L sell his stuff that they aren’t keeping. He knows I’m into detecting so he was asking me about fair prices on an Equinox 800. It looks new, from what I can see new prices are 949.00. I have been thinking that something with a bigger coil than the 10 inch on the Ex might be better on the not in the water days. So I bought it for 650$. I told him he might do better than that, but he was happy. His F-I-L even had a carrot pinpointer which he also gave me. So that’s kinda my situation now for the questions 1 Chargers? I didn’t get any with it, just buy the home one, and car one from Minelab? Owners Manual.. I know these days you download one, but does anyone know of hard copy manuals one could buy? For beach hunting what coils do you people who do it, recommend? I’m sure as I find time to use it and start learning there will be more.

Any cell phone type charger with a USB port that is rated for 2.0 amps will work. Everything you need to know about the 800 is covered in the manual.

Welcome back.. You need the proper magnetic usb charging cord, built specifically for the minlelabs. The Minelabs have a built in l ion battery.