Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi is it better too put the ELITE on my side in a pouch or put it on the detector i will be on the beach .

It's a personal preference item.
Some like everything to stay on the detector, while others like the lighter rod with the detector hip or chest mounted and the easier access to the controls. Still will work the same way. do it however you like........just don't get anything but the coil wet.
HH

it is way lighter in a pouch but be very careful the cord is easy to get snagged or to accidentally be snapped. I was using the hip mount for a while and i did like it, but the cord dangling around did become an issue for me , I went back to just leaving everything attached to the rod ....whatever you choose remember one thing ......................................Have fun

I just spent all day at the beach with my Elite and WOT (thanks Donovan). Slip the coil connector thru the pouch,attach Elite, slip a plastic bag over the Elite and tie off below the connector(rubber bands work well), then pull the bagged Elite thru the pouch. To attach headphones, you can punch a hole in the bag with the 1/4 plug. Good to go but not underwater. Credit this tip to CJC's book "Finding Gold, Silver and Coins with the Minelab Sovereign and Excalibur"