Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi! I'm new here

yanivriz

Hi!
I'm Yaniv,and I'm from Israel,tel-aviv.
two days ago I have accomplished an child dream of myn and ordered a metal detector (Seben Extreme-will take 2 weeks to arrive).

I have been reading this forum since then,and really loved the posts here with all the footage.

sadly,there arnt any metal detectors hobbyist in Israel (well I saw one 8 years ago scanning the tel aviv beach,but was probably a tourist).
maybe better this way,since I have virgin beaches to scan,that were never scanned before.

the only experience I had detecting is from my military service in the bomb squad,but its easy finding 5 kg of metal under only 10 cm of earth... so practically I know nothing.

so first of all I wish to thank you guys for this place.

tho I have a million things to ask,ill try to to it step by step... :)

how is the detector I bought ?(wined in a bid of 65$)
anything i need do get my started?

here is a link to Seben's store,so you can have a full prospective on the detector.

https://www.wilhelmy-it.de/sms/shop/index.php?action=products&cat=7

regards,
Yaniv riz.

tho i haven't got yet the detector,i went to search and map terrains that would be good for hunting,except the beach,and while looking i found a "magav" (Israeli border police) beret+ 2 coins of 10 agorot (like cents of the Israeli "shekel").

in the photos you can see the coins and me wearing the beret.
:)

WTG Yani! Congrats on your finds, imagine how much more you will find when your detector arrives. MDing is a great hobby and I wish you all the luck. Who knows, your experience with finding landmines may come in handy.
:detecting::canadaflag:

have a blast. Israel has to be one of the greatest places you could treasure detect. I don't know about your detector but if your patient you will find much. I am curious. Are there any laws there that would keep you from detecting? Hope you have a great time!

Jamie

G'day Yaniv,
Welcome to the forum, we are all a friendly bunch here,so if you have any direct questions about M/D fire way.

Yaniv, I also checked out your detector you purchased! Umm how should i put this,they are a dime & dozen on Australian ebay at moment.You probably wont have much discrimination on this detector & I'm surprised that it will detect past 4 inches deep,but hey its all a new learning curve for you to try out.
Its a pity u cant afford a Ace 150 or 250,that would get you in the ball park, to at least finding some good targets,that would pay for your detector in the first few months with some considerable disc to boot.

All the best for your future detecting Yaniv.

Cheers Freddy:ausflag:

are you sure about the 4 inch? because the coil it self is a 9.5 inch,
and that alone should give me a reasonable depth.
i reed from people who purchased this detector that it really goes deep,but the major problem is the pinpointing part.
about discrimination,well thats less important,because i plane to dig all out (i understood that even the ace will sometime identify silver as tin),and also i saw that the discriminating mode is relevant only for 4-5 inches at the most.

thanx for your review!

only if you find archaeological stuff (that will happen a lot if you search Jerusalem,dead sea&sea of Galilee) than you have to report.

but no one really cares about this law,since their arnt any MD hobbyist here...and no police man enforcing this law....

thats why i plane to go the sea of Galilee (were Jesus was believed to "walk on water") :)
but the main beaches would be tel aviv (thousands of people per day,in the hot Israeli summer,never rains during summer while temp of the air and the sea water reaches 30 deg C constantly for 5 months)...