Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hi everyone!

tiggyann

I'm kinda new on this treasure hunting thing, my husband bought me my first detector this past Christmas, but sucked on the beach, hated the wet sand, so I bought a Cobra beach magnet from kellyco, I love that place.

So far I have found mostly junk, why is it that most of the people burry beer cans deep in the sand at the beach, lmao. Found some clad and also found my husband some fishing tackle, lol. Even found really old insulin bottles on several of the brevard beaches. They are brown bottles maybe from some of the war ships that went down. They were tangled in some seaweed. I know new bottles are usually clear glass right?

But I do have this strong desire to keep going and know that one day I will too find something nice, will just have to be patient. I will be hitting the beaches after this hurricane blows through, who knows maybe I will find something, lmao, sell it and buy another detector, rotflmao! What can I say I'm hooked!

Seriously I'm looking to buy another detector soon, but I need one that will go really deep like the two-box detectors that will work on the dry sand at the beach. Something that will go 5-20 feet deep. but can handle the mineralization of the high salt content. Can anyone help me?

Tiggyann,

Give me a call at 800-898-6673 and you can trade the Cobra in towards another water detector.
JW

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/indexmain.htm

thanks....but really don't want to trade it, I really love this detector, so much better than my bounty hunter. And I plan on starting my own detecting team soon, so this will be a good spare one for whoever wants to hunt with me.

BTW, this is a great detector, I don't pick up nearly as much trash as I do with the bounty hunter, in fact I hardly dig trash.

See I want to use the cobra for myself too, for the wet sand, but want something deep to go on the dry sand, something that will go as deep as 3 feet and more.

give me a call and we'll figure out what will be best.
JW

:yikes:
Um, I think you should maybe think a bit smaller!
Seriously, you will find the bulk of lost items at depths of less than a foot deep.HH.

If u wanna go a little bit deeper, get any Pulse machine. Or a Minelab Excal with the 10 inch coil does very well too in mineralization. And the Excal discriminates the junk. It does just as well as any pulse. HH

Mel Fisher and his gang have already tried looking for it. Some of your best loot is down just a few inches. Excal is the best machine going for beach hunting. To dig down 5 to 20 feet you will need a backhoe!!

If you ever get a signal in waist high water that is 25 feet deep ( or even 3-4 feet deep), how the heck are you going to dig it out ?

Keep pluggin away....you will DEFINITELY find something good soon...and it's gonna be no deeper than 8-10 inches.

Actually the backhoe will max out around 14 ft even for the larger rubber tired hoes, a hi-hoe tracked excavator would be up for the job but may ruffle the feathers of the park rangers.:lol: Remember to fill your holes!:thumbup:

If they still have the Pulse Star.It will go down 5-20' and is
fairly good in the salt-water areas.There is all kinds of things
down in the sand at the beaches.A lot of newer things, like parts
of boats that have broken up,and hurricane debris.It's amazing
all the junk that is out there,especially if you have ever hung out
with treasure hunters using mags or large pulse coils.Everything
including the kitchen sink-really!Could find a cannon or swivel
gun,never know,but digging it up would be a pain,and keeping it
might be a problem.Good luck with any thing you do,but ease into
it,and enjoy.HH Joe

I have a friend that owns 19,000 acres of land in Corpus Christi TX. and also 1500 acres in arkansas. there is some undeveloped beach front property that he owned in corpus Christi. I had been given permission from him before he passed away to search whatever I wanted to, his family is still honoring that request.

This land had been passed down from his grandfather and he told me stories of finding coins on the beaches and diamonds in his Arkansas mines. he tols stories of a chest filled with gold and diamonds burried near the beach with approximate locations.

I would like to try to get to TX in the next year or so.

yea, I know, once with my bounty hunter, my husband and I dug up and 8-track tape player on sabastian inlet, was about 2 feet down. full of sand and all rusty, so I know it had been there for a long time.
must have come from a boat that went down off shore.

krissy