Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi Everyone!

Royal

I have been up north without net service and see there is a bunch of messages! Man Fred and George and Mike have been posting some great Macros and I am just getting to see them! My camera is off to the shop again and it really pizzes me off!

I was pretty busy this weekend and Mary was pretty miserable. She had some minor surgery but a lot of swelling and felt rough.

I bought a new water blaster and put it to good use. It is a 3000 psi Ryobi and it sure made chores easy. I cleaned the sidewalk, the siding on the entire house and the deck in one day and also two kayaks. I had plenty of time to get the other kayak, my bass boat and the two canoes but not the strength.

I see Mike was Mike and doing good things for others! Way to go Mike, I would expect no less from the people that post here. Great crew!

Now I gotta get to reading. I am pretty busy today too. My brand new sleeping machine, which I have used TWO times is in error and I have to take it back. Now they are gonna be dealing with one Pizzed off Royal so they had better be nice. I am tired and grumpy right now and am heading there right now!

I have a buddy that has a Albino Fawn coming in to his feeder. Some woodtick SOB down the road from him was excited because it would be easy to see in the woods come hunting season. I told my buddy that I would be happy to join him in woodtick squashing.

are shared by many.even though new orleans is a historic city and has been the place of many events in our history and loved by many people if the devastation is so much that they would have to rebuild most of it,i don't think they should let them rebuild in that area.

one native of new orleans being interviewed said it probably shouldn't have been built there in the first place but people in the 1700's didn't have the same knowledge we have today.

i know it would stir up alot of emotions to suggest this but that's just my opinion.

it's the same as some of those hillsides in california,they keep letting people rebuild after homes slide off.

after the mississippi flooded back in the 90's they moved a whole town further up the bank because they wouldn't let them rebuild there.

woodtick!!:D

homes on the barrier reefs, then expect the tax payer to put it back up are the ones breaking it off. You want a home there, find you got the bucks build it, if you loose it, better have the bucks for another one. Yet for the most part, The tax payerslput them back up via some tax payer funded loan. Those are the same folks that will not even let you on that beach or have a place to park if they had a place you could use. The gap between the have and have nots widdens... The big pool of middle class money is drying up. The jobs pay less or go overseas or are given to those they claim work harder. You know, the same ones that are NOT paying taxes, nor is the company that hired them. Watch how many of them jump in down south to help out to show their apprecaite for being here. Yet the legal tax payer will pay for it as usual.

Last report I just heard, that the water levels are starting to balance out and that they should begin to drop now. Lets hope another one don't come thru there this year. Now that it looks like Atlantis, I wonder what this will do to property values? Beautiful city for sure.
Lets hope they can strengthen the levies and get a better pumping system and perhaps restore the outter barriers to give them additional protection. Not alot one can do about a 25 foot wall of water. Jacking the city up 25 feet isn't in the cards. Turning it into another Venice is probably out of the question also. For sure a sinkk hole isn't the best place to build a city but its there. Just have to see what the engineers will come up with now. ON TV they were sayin with the water being 2 degrees warmer now, that its spawing bigger storms and more of them. Thats not a good outlook...

Swampy

they NEVER withstand a Hurricane and insurance has to rebuild them and you and I get higher premiums. It keeps going up.

They should turn that swampland, that used to be New Orleans into a lake and like you said, move the city. I could never figure out why the dikes were built to withstand a class 3 hurricane when they knew a class could happen any year. Heck there could be another one this year. The season is not over. I bet the rebuilding of the city will cost a heck of a lot more than a higher dike would have. They will still have to rebuild the dike anyway.

n/t

did it ever occur to these morons that they have no place to go with all this stolen stuff?what they gonna do?take it back to their flooded slum and put it in the closet?they can't take it with them when they're forced to evacuate.i can just see some doofus packing a hundred pound color tv back to his flooded apartment only to realize he ain't got no electricity!people can be such stupid animals.

And I pretty much agree with everything you said.I have 15 years experience setting up repairing and teaching people how to comfortably use a CPAP (Breathing) machine.If I can help you in any way feel free to email me. They are great and can make a very positive difference in the way you feel IF they are set up so you can tolerate wearing the mask.They can be torture if they don't work right or not set up with the comfort features that most come with these days.

the darned thing came up with and Error 25 and said it had to go back for servicing! Now this is the second night I have used it and it will not work. I took it back today and said I want another one or I will use someone else. They gave me one.

Mine is a pretty good one I guess. 135 a month to rent!! I pay nothing though. It has a humidifier and a heater. I think I will be able to tolerate it as long as it works..

A Respironics Remstar Pro.They are a very good unit but had lots of problems with error codes for a while.The problems have recently been corrected and I haven't seen any problems with them recently.Heck,I don't blame you,with the money the Co. is making from your insurance co.I would throw a fit if they couldn't provide me with one that works.

Your insurance should also pay for new supplys every 3 months or so. Those masks are very expensive.Good old General Motors insurance is still about the best there is and guys like you and my dad (30 plus years at G.M.) deserve it.I hope the retires don't get forgotten in the contracts to come. I haven't worked for G.M. since 1990 and miss those great benefits.I do however,have a pension coming from them that I can start collecting in 5 more years if I make it that long.:D