Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi everybody

Heilan Laddy

I have been enjoying this forum for about a year. Thought I'd introduce myself. I live in Colorado and hunt with a Tiger Shark and a Silver uMax. I plan on buying a Tejon in the spring. I love Tesoro detectors. I have learned a lot from all of your posts and look forward to posting some finds real soon. I'll be in the Virginia Beach, Va. area the 27th through the 3rd. if anyone wants to get together. There's this old farm field not a mile from where I grew up that I might be able to get permission on.

Hi Heilan Laddy,

Welcome to the Tesoro forum. Don't hear much about the Tiger Shark here on the Tesoro forum.

I have 4 Tesoros. I like what I have and just haven't looked at other brands much lately. Will be looking forward to your posts.

Things have slowed down on the forum. A lot of guys can't get out to detect at all with the winter set in. I'm still able to get out some but things have slowed for me also.

Good luck in VA,

Hi Tabdog,

The Tiger shark is kind of like a waterproof Vaquero, although it does not have the H.O.T. technology. It has manual ground ballance, threshold all metal mode and Tesoro's great ED 180 discrimination circuit. It is my main land detector until I get the Tejon. One of these days I plan to get a wetsuit and take the Tiger down to some of the rivers where they white water raft. There just have to be a gazillion rings and chains down there. I have used it at the beach several times but it's mostly a "land shark" and it works great for coin and relic hunting.

The Tiger Shark sounds like another excellent metal detector by Tesoro. I'll bet that it has a great ED 180 to handle the difficult task of beach and water detecting.

It sounds more like an Eldorado than a Vaquaro. The Eldorado has a broader ED 180 discriminator than the Vaquero and the Eldorado doesn't have the HOT circuitry. I have an Eldorado. It's new to me and I've only had it out two times. I really like it. I got into Tesoros about five months ago and I have four of them already. They're all used. I have a Euro Sabre, a Silver Sabre uMax, a Compadre and the Eldorado I mentioned.

I too would like to have a Tejon but for now I think I may just learn the ones I've got. I feel satisfied with my pack of MDs for now.

This is a great hobby and I look forward to sharing experiences with you. That's if you can put up with this old bald headed Arkie.

Nice chat,

Welcome - I see you mentioned the Silver uMax also in addition to the Tiger Shark, and plan on the Tejon. You'll find out that the Tejon will be more noisy than the Silver. It's a powerhouse relic machine.
What I really notice is that you have two Tesoro's, and looking for a third - must be hooked on Tesoro :thumbup: