Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi did any boddy use one on the beach and how do thay work!

Take a look:
http://www.findmall.com/search.php?66,search=beach,author=,page=1,match_type=ALL,match_dates=90,match_forum=66,match_threads=0

Jerry

Beach hunting is my main type of metal detecting.
I bought the V3 a few weeks ago and it handles the salt water beaches around here as well as the Minelab Explorer and Sovereign series of detectors.
Very stable and smooth operating even with the stock programs.
The stock coil is shock sensitive and will false if you bump it but that is true of other detectors as well.
I have not done any dry salt sand depth tests or side by side compairisons with the Sovereign but having used them both on the same beach area I feel that the V3 has a slight edge in depth.
I feel it is overkill for average beach hunting unless you are looking for deep targets in wet sand.

So far I am very happy with the White's Spectrum V3 and look forward to using it in a park or school yard.
It is just too dry down here right now and the ground is too hard to go digging in the green grass ... if you can find some ...lol.