Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

HI all...

PAshooter

I'm just now getting back into TH'ing after a 20-year hiatus, bought my first detector a little over a week ago (Fisher 1236-x2).

It's really become an obsession in no time - I live in the oil region of western PA, so there's a lot of history, ghost towns, etc. I've already gotten tons of great info from online maps, local libraries, even a local historian who's written several books about the region (I happened to knock on her door to ask permission to detect on her property!). My best find yet by far was the very first beep I dug, from my own side-yard: a 1916 PA driver's license pin. I thought it was just a toy belt-buckle or something, until I brought it in and got it under the faucet. Pretty cool. I'll post a pic as soon as I get my new digital camera.

Still trying to find my first silver - I've found plenty of wheaties/clads. My house was built in 1901 by the local railroad, so there's plenty of iron junk. My mother's farm is quite old, in fact it's on an 1865 map I found of the area. The map also shows on her property a church, and half of the "ghost village" Hill City. I've hit her yard once for a few hours, and found plenty of interesting junk, but I just know it's where I'll find my first silver :)

Anyhow, thanks for letting me share my new hobby, looking forward to posting some good pics!

welcome to the forum and to our addiction. you will soon find your first silver in no time. sounds like you got good huntin grounds for it. good luck to and be sure to post it all even the junk. you may never know may be something....hh

Thanks to both of you, appreciate the responses

I've been detecting for a long time and I just can't (won't) kick the habit. Sometimes when I can't go out, I swear I start to get moody! The wife says, "It's a nice day, you should go out metal detecting". And I'm out the door before she finishes:bouncy: You have some excellent sites picked out. Go slow and isolate each target to see if it is a good one. Iron masking is a killer on farms. The old stuff is there, you just have to figure out how to be smarter than the iron!!! Good luck and keep us posted.

hi pa shooter, i'm a va shooter...almost rhymes! it sounds like your're onto something good. research, patience and perseverance always pay off in this hobby! wheats? oh yeah, the silver is sure to follow. good luck, hit it hard, and hh,

Thanks all! Can't wait to post some nice pics. You know it's funny, I always find myself looking at the dates on cions I get back as change from cashiers now. Found a few wheaties that way already.