Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hi all newbie here thinking on getting ace 250 will it be any good for beach hunting

karp108

Hi all i want a detector for detecting on my local beaches.I purchased a bh lone star took it down once performed great on both wet and dry sand i was well pleased until i went to use a second time up the park. I could not stop it from beeping on every sweep even with senc turned all the way down so i sent it back. I have limited funds and was thinking on replacing with ace 250 .Anybody else use this for beach detecting does it perform ok on wet and dry sands?

Freshwater beaches and it will work fine.....saltwater is a different thing though. Dry sand will be fine with the Ace. Not so good in wet salty sand.

Everybody that has posted that they moved from a Bounty Hunter to an ACE were more then pleased. I have previously owned a couple of Bounty Hunters. The ACE get better depth, better sensitivity and better discrimination abilities.

John

If you have been following the posts I personally have found myself a possible "gold and silver coin" island beach park but I have read that the ACE does not like salt water very well. I usually follow what you "aces" have to say but I also try htngs myself just for curiosity. I know I have seen and read postings of this but what do you suggest for us ACE users to work salt water beaches...I know turn the senc down. To what senc or is it a test it as you go thing? I know Uncle Willy (I know he gets tired of repeating himself) has said things about this many times but I have seen a few postings in the last few pages regarding salt water with the ACE.

Be patient with us newbies and give us the news good or bad please.:surrender:

Don

For detectors without ground balancing ( such as the Ace ) mineralization proves to be a real problem and salt is a mineral and has to be treated as such. Searching dry sand shouldn't present much of a problem ( unless black sand is present which is magnetite or black iron ore ) but wet salt sand is a horse of a different color and scanning back and forth between wet and dry can drive you nuts. If you hunt the wet sand you'll have to turn the sensitivity way down. There is no set position - just where the detector levels out and stabilizes a bit or you can contend with the erratic behaviour and trust your luck..

Bill

Thanks Bill

I still have yet tried the salt beaches down here just haven't had the time but now that I have heard that both gold and silver coins have been found on this little Key/Island I am "drooling badly" to get out and try it in the water. There is also what is left of an old homestead from the 40's out there as well so I am eager to see what happens.

Don