Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hi all. New member here

kenfleenor

Hi, my name is Ken and I am 37 years old. I am just getting into this hobby. I bought a discovery 2000 (which I think is the same as the bounty hunter Lone Ranger). I got it for $100 at a pawn shop. Not the best I know, but I don't have 2 or 3 hundred dollars to spend right now. :sadwalk:

Well. I have been out a few times now. mostly at night with one of those lights that strap onto your head. It has found coins and other things down to about 5 or 6 inches. I am not perfect at pin pointing yet, but getting better. I enjoy it and can't wait to start finding some gold or silver.

Reading the posts on this board about what people have found (gold rings and such) gives me extra incentive to dig every beep.

Hello and Welcome to the group kenfleenor...The 2000 will definitely find you coins and relics....it is not the best of the Bounty Hunter Lineup, but it is a great starter machine...In time, you will recover enough coins to pay for a better machine, or who knows,,,convince the fam to get one for you for your B'day or Christmas...I started out on a Pioneer 202 which is about a notch higher than the Lone Star. it found me plenty of coins, but I decided I wanted a bit more and got a Pioneer 505 a little later, and then a Land Star a while after that. I love my LandStar and the only machine I would want now is the Time Ranger...When I hit the top of the BH lineup, then I might look at other machines, but for now, BH is treating me right....Depending on where you live, you can find anything that any other detector can find ...if you live near beaches, all the better...Hope to see your posts and pics soon...

HH,

BH-LandStar

You're gonna get hooked!! I have been doign this a couple of months, I have a Pioneer 202 and got to tell ya, I really enjoy this new found hobby! Welcome and have fun! Happy Hunting! :detecting:

welcome kenfleenor. you dont need a high dollar machine to enjoy the hobby. it sounds like youre well on your way. good luck, and dont forget to post your finds! hh,

Welcome to this great hobby.

I do it for the exercise on my knees..and the thrill of the finds.

Best advice I can give you is to be persistent. It's kinda like fishing...some days it's good some days it's bad..BUT when you got the experience you usually have a lot more GOOD days than bad.

And...

It's amazing how hard work has made me lucky....

HH (Happy Hunting) Joe

Look for those places that others fail to hunt...between the sidewalks and the curb (as long as it is grass and no overhead power lines), local fair sites, the grassy areas under overpasses (the rain washes stuff down the drains, and it just falls under the bridges), etc. Also anyplace that is old and has seen many people over the years...I never thought of the bridges until another hunter mentioned it to me, but I have found a lot of loose change under them bridges...I have a great detector, but I have still not found my first gold yet...I have found silver coins, but no jewelry...The day is soon approaching though...

Keep it shwingin',

BH-LandStar

Welcome to the hunting addiction. The cost of your detector has very little to do with how much fun you can have. The exercise and discoveries are what it is all about. Good luck on your future finds.