Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Wayne or Mike.......

Dan-MO

Big news around these parts the last few days has been about a black bear making meals with peoples dogs.The story has even made the St. Louis tv stations.One dog was killed and partially eaten in a fenced back yard.Several other dogs have been attacked with a couple hurt so badly that they had to be put down. Black bears are rare and protected here but their population is growing rapidly.Not all that unusual to see one these days.The fish and game cops have been called in on this case and are attempting to trap and relocate this bear. They have issued public statements warning people that bears are protected and are not to be shot........sure hope it doesn't show up here as I would hate to break the law!

Have you ever heard of this type behavior from a black bear? Also, I thought bears hibernated in the winter-as I write this there is 10 inches of snow on the ground here with the temp in the 20s.....Shouldn't that bear be sleeping? We have had several warm days over the last couple of weeks

He should be hibernating and his killing ways are likely due to not enough food to make it through. I would bet that there is something wrong with that Bear.
Fish and Game is toeing the party line and if they have any sense are hoping someone will deal with the problem. Once a Bear becomes used to finding food around people they never change and a bullet
may save a human life. I have seen it before sadly.

Wayne

WE are kinda lucky up in this neck of the woods... Any problems like that, and it is taken care of. the main thing is not to brag about it!! :):

fair winds

Mikie

n/t