Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey OJ. You can see how much I like cleaning finds :D

Royal

Here is just some I have not sorted and gotten to yet. I am a bit slow in that department. I don't even know what the heck I have :D

[attachment 145853 stuff1Large.jpg]

[attachment 145852 stuff2Large.jpg]

[attachment 145851 stuff3Large.jpg]

I have the habit of coming home and throwing the coins in a mason jar or cigar box...figure that one of these days that I will get around to cleaning and sorting them. That is not all, Debbie is often on my case because there is junk scattered all over this house...I will find something unusual and put it on a shelf in a closet or maybe in a drawer somewhere. I guess that one of these days that I will get around to storing everything in a common location, maybe the closet in my study or maybe toss everything in a cardboard box to be stored out in the garage. I just have fun finding old coins or junk and will figure out what to do with some of it at a later time. Kelley (Texas) :)

seldom is it worth much beyond that. I just happened to see this bowl in my garage, I have much more somewhere. I do put efforts in my coins though. I don't clean them but separate them into different jars. I don't really know where the jars are though:blink:

My intent is to sort them out in the winter while inside. Sometimes I actually get to it. But there are a lot of them still up there
unsorted. But it was sure fun finding them.

Geo-CT

I estimate there must be approximately 5,000 of them...do you realize how long it would take to sort through that bucket just looking for "key" dates? I think a good way to clean them would be to put them in some old socks, and run the socks through Debbie's washing machine when she is not home. At the moment, I don't feel like messing with them...maybe I could get a Cub Scout Den to sort through those coins. Kelley (Texas) :)

tired of picking thru them. I do like to pick thru the Indian head pennys, but not the wheaties. I guess I'm thinking my grand kids will pick them over some day and to them they might find it fun to catalog them. I purchased the blue books to put them in but I lost interest in that real fast. Like most of us, I'm more into the finding of them and perhaps returning them to someone or just knowing how they ended up there. I spend a or used to spend a fair amount of time at the local library looking at old local news papers. Then go look for those sites picture and see whats still there. Often, they are very productive.

George-CT

same here, have jars full of stuff...I did try to find those coin sorting machines but none around much, the last one took around 12% but worth it, rather then cleaning real good etc. Very time consuming also with the tumblers.
But winter is a good time to tumble coins. oj

n/t

n/t