Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey guys, I'm new here!

LuckySteve

So I just did my very first hunt with my AT Pro, the park was pretty picked over, only scored a 1997 penny but I intend on going to more when I'm not in classes (I'm a college student) I am detecting around the old military base in California called Fort Ord. Last week I scored a brass ring, some change, a spoon and a ton of bullets with my other detector (Bounty Hunter EX), now I'm learning the AT Pro, I enjoy it I just need to detect something with targets :p.
Anyways I've been lurking the forums for awhile and decided to join up so I could participate :)

If YOU haven't WATCHED the Garrett AT-Pro or AT-Gold Training Videos at the Top of this Page, MAKE SURE you do!! BEST of LUCK!! Les Robinson.

Welcome! I got mine 7/28/13 this was my 1st metal detector and that's when I started metal detecting. I got my share of gold rings and silver rings since then. Learning the AT PRO wasn't easy at all, I spent.. some days about 8 hours learning(digging up everything) the tones and VDI. I guess it paid off. Oh forgot to mention I never run it in standard mode...LOL Pro is a lot better. Good luck hunting.. you'll get good at your machine.

Welcome! :beers:

Please keep posting about your adventures with the Pro! Lots of us, well, dare I say most of us Pro users came into the Garrett family of products because of the Pro?...we all had different mfgs machines, but just could not argue with the results these Pros were delivering...and as you know, this is a fun and active Forum with knowledgeable users from all over the World...Good Luck!
Mud

Welcome LuckySteve!
I think you'll really like the AT as you get some hours on it. Yes, unfortunately, there has to be a target under your coil in order to find it :ranting:
The old military base sounds promising - looking forward to seeing your finds and hearing how it's going with the AT Pro. :cheers:

Welcome!

You will enjoy your AT Pro. IMHO, here's what to do next:

- learn it in Pro mode right off the bat. Use it, use it, and use it. It should become "part of you" after about 30-40 hours use. Then keep using it and learn some more!
- get a 5x8 coil and use it in trashy areas.
- use silicon gel on the coil connector/headphones/battery compartment o-rings. I use dielectric grease.
- get a coil cover or use an epoxy on the base of the coil
- recovering targets is an important as detecting them. Look at Lesche diggers, get a Garrett Pro Pointer ("mandatory"), a water and sand scoop with long handles for the beach or sand, and some Mechanic gloves.
- use it some more!

aj

Welcome and you picked one of the most versatile machines out there!! Once you learn it there's no looking back!! The 5x8" coil is a necessity in trashy areas so you might want to check into getting one of those. Good Luck with your new machine!!

You bought a top notch producer. Give her some time. Hunt in Pro Mode. Learn the audio, the smooth and rough audio sounds. Listen for the chirps and burbs. Don't run your sensitivity too high for your first 20 hours or so. Ask lots of questions. There are a lot of polished AT users here with great advice. Some of that advice is not written in any manual, but comes from field experience.

We love pics of all kinds, whether a few coins, a relic, jewelry or a $100,00.00 gold ring.:thumbup:

All the best! hope your learning curve gets you some great finds. :)