Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey! Guess what? I just got a new "son"! He's heading for Iraq in a few weeks, so we're heading up to Fort Bragg, NC to see him and his wife...

Art SC

He was one of Shelle's foster kids and only just got back in contact with her. Shelle's was the only mother Wesley (and his brother and sister) ever had for years...in fact, they all still call her "Mom."

This was all before I met my wife. She was the ONLY one who would take "severe problem children" AND take them as a family unit. She did it for a long time while working as a night floor supervisor of 160 employees at Delta Faucet in Indiana. She insists that just taking care of me alone is harder than all that put together ever was... :(

Turns out Wesley is in the 82nd Airborne Division and wants to meet me (well...mostly Shelle, I'm sure) this weekend before he heads to Fort Polk, LA for some final training and then he's off to Iraq for his first tour there.

He's newly married and his wife Carrie is now pregnant. He has to make a "jump" on Saturday morning. The jump is a "Hollywood" one, so he doesn't have to wear a lot of equipment and the families are invited to watch.

His father has been in prison for a long time, don't know what he mother's status was or is. But, no one ever showed up for his Basic Training graduation, AIT graduation or Airborne School graduation. Shelle would have gone if she'd known what he'd been up to since he left her home, but the "no contact" was his decision at the time. But it looks like the kid has been trying hard to make something of his life now, so we're gonna make sure somebody besides his wife gets to at least see him do SOMETHING he's proud of!

I'll be taking lots of pictures for Shelle. The parachute jump is an early morning (0600) one onto Sicily Drop Zone (boy, does THAT bring back memories). If it's light enough I'll take some photos of that, too. I'll share some if any turn out well enough to see.

Shelle's REALLY excited and nervous about the reunion. News at 11! Well, sometime Sunday, anyway... :shrug:

Don't forget to take lots of pictures to share with the Forum when you get back. Have a safe trip and please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)