Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Fred!

VT Dave

Thought you might like to know, I just about clobbered a young black bear cub this afternoon on my way back to the shop. Durned thing started across the road right in front of me but then put on the brakes and turned back. I watched him cross right behind me in the mirror. He sure was makin tracks :lol: Lots of wildlife out and about, Debbie and I were coming home Sunday night and saw a grey wolf. Haven't seen one of them in quite a while.

Dave

I have never seen a wild wolf, lots of coyotes, but never a wild wolf. I did not know that you folks had wolves up there in your neck of the woods. Are these the same type of wolves that live up in Canada? Have you ever taken any pictures of the bears or wolves? Thanks for letting me know! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

by the time I could have gotten it out, he'd been long gone. What I need is a video system like I install in our police cruisers. That way I could just let it run and edit out the boring parts :lol:

This was the first bear I have seen crossing a road in the daylight and the wolf was only the second one I've seen ever, other than in captivity. The grey wolf was re-introduced last year as a natural predator for the moose herd which has been exploding and creating road hazards. I think the wolf is their only natural enemy as bears won't tackle a moose unless it's sick or already down.

Dave

this is what it looked like.[attachment 8116 greywolflooking.gif]

you folks had wolves up there where you live. Have they caused any problems since they were re-introduced to your area? Do you ever see or hear about the coyotes up your way?

I have always been amazed at how thick and green the vegetation is up North. Thus, I guess it will support wildlife like bears, moose and wolves. Vegetation does not get as green, nor the trees as tall down here as the ones I have seen in pictures of places up North...you folks get more rain too which would explain some of this.

Thanks for posting the wolf picture, it looks mean. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

predators of Moose calves and take more of them than the Wolves do. Their sense of smell is that much better than any other predator. They will sneak in while mama Moose is feeding and kill the calf, then if interupted will just wait till the mother loses interest, a day or two is nothing to them and they like their meat "ripe"!
Wayne

the bears around me usually run 4-6 hundred pounds or so and a full grown moose weighs in around 800-1000 pounds. I don't recall any bears other than blackies. You must have browns, blacks, maybe an occasional griz. What about kodiak's?