Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Fred. I just did some buggin' :D

Royal

IMG_5501.jpg

IMG_5476.jpg

IMG_5466.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

IMG_5361-1.jpg

IMG_5352.jpg

IMG_5317.jpg

IMG_5287.jpg

IMG_5259.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5221.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5159.jpg

IMG_5138.jpg

It looks like the frog is enjoying them as much as we are. Nice color also. Trying to think what you call a bug person. It can't be a bugoligist.
Got to be some scientific name. I been out of school to long. Are those with the camera you got last year, think it was the Canon.?

Geo

These are the type of pictures that I want to take, but mine never turn out this good. What camera and lens were you using? Did you take these today? Do you remember what shutter speed you were using? These pictures are lighting a fire under me to try one more time to take some good macro bug pictures. I would love to take some Bee pictures as good as the ones in this group that you have posted...maybe a fly too. Do you think that my point and shoot camera, a Canon S3, is capable of taking bug pictures? I am going to check out back by the rain gutter drain pipe and see if the old Toad Frog is still living in the crack in the dirt by the house foundation...he would make a good picture too! Royal, these are some good pictures that you have posted...they are the type that I have always wanted to shoot. Thanks for posting these pictures, I really like them. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

our patio table. I took some pictures and squershed the sucker.

I have not been messing with the macro pic's lately but decided to take a few. I am using my Canon Digital Rebel and using an extension tube for the closeups.

I don't know much about your camera. I just take a bunch of pictures and save the best ones. I have taken over 5k pic's with it and still don't know squat about it. I just like doing it :D

That frog lives in my little garden pond and it has one of those tent caterpillars in its mouth. That is the one in the picture. We have had the worse invasion of those dang caterpillars this year we ever had.

n/t

the best for macro bug pictures in the sense that I will have trouble getting off a series of fast shots...hoping for a good picture from the batch taken. It is great for normal pictures like the ones that I take on the bike rides, but bug pictures will take just a tab more effort and timing...may have to be in the right place at the right time. Of course, I could resort to the old standby...bug spray, but you folks can tell that the bug is dead. I am going to give this macro bug photography another try...somehow I will make it work. I would love to get some pictures like the ones that you take. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I have been trying to us Aperature Priority and just taking using manual focus and taking a lot of shots. Once in a while I get one that is almost in focus:shrug:. I just mess with it and get half way lucky at times

But it will not take seven pictures a second...maybe two or three at the most. I will have to read about this in the owner's manual. I have a 12X zoom and a macro setting for close-up photography. I will just have to work smart and figure out a way to make this camera work for me in taking some macro bug pictures. I am confident that this camera is capable of doing it...surely others have done it with this type of camera. I am thinking that I could forget about using the macro setting and try using the normal zoom to zoom in to get the same results while not spooking the bug into hauling butt away from me...or in the case of it being a bee, in attacking me before it hauls butt away from me. Tomorrow, I will check out some of the neighbors flowers for bees. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

is only used, by me, for shooting action shots like birds in flight or those butterflies and maybe a horse running and such. The bugs I take one at a time but I take a lot of them and only use the few that I like. Many times I will take 20 shots or more and they all suck, since I don't know what the hell I am doing. I just like messing with it

really seeing what is around me. It is a new world