Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey folks............

Wayne in BC

I have not posted much for a while and it seems a bit of an explanation is in order. Have not said anything but Carol has not been well, also other issues have me less than willing to gab much.

Carol had major surgery, 7 hours worth last Thursday and was supposed to be home today but complications may push that ahead for several days yet, we do not know at this time. I do not feel comfortable about describing her surgery on open forum but if friends wish details please email or PM me and when i have time i will respond.

Nothing even approaching normal around here and i may not be online much so please do not feel slighted if i miss posts and/or fail to reply right away. I truly thank you all for understanding.

Wayne

Know that we are rooting for both of you for things to get back to normal there and good health.

Take care George & Jane

i am off again.
More surgery will be required tomorrow, it seems there is excess bruising and bleeding so they will go back in and fix their mistake:rant:

If you need anything, I can be on a ferry at a moments notice. We're all here for you, buddy.

n/t

A long day yesterday and Carol had another 5-6 hr stint between surgery and recovery room, surgery seems to have gone well.
That is the good news for Carol.........
So i show up at the hospital yesterday morning 11 am cause surgery was supposed to be in the late afternoon, only to be told that they took her to surgery at 10 am! Well i was glad it was bumped up but seriously p#ssed that i was not told :veryangry:
You have my home and cell number i sez, WTF!!! Nobody seemed to want to answer except the snippy b#tch at the desk on the ward who reminded me that visiting hours did not start until 11 AM ........
I asked if anybody there had someone in their lives that they wish they had said goodbye to? No response to that.
Another fairly loud rhetorical question from me to the group of 6 or so at the nursing station.....what would you peeps be saying if my wife had died in surgery and the media showed up asking you the same questions i just did?

So i am reminded of another reason you folks need to be careful of if they are trying to give you public health care. Up here it is near impossible to sue medical workers cause gov't owns them, can be done but you need very deep pockets and way more than a good reason to do it.

So other than me and wife being p#ssed at stupidity on the part of staff AND Docs, all is well. A further stay of 4-5 days is ok also. Better to come home more healed IMO.

"IDGAF". How unfortunate. Sounds like the nurse's and help have a communication issue, along with being under paid. Here in the States, we do indeed P&M at health care costs, high deductibles etc, perhaps universal health care has some serious drawbacks. Fortunately, in the Boston area, and in Salem/Beverly we have some great medical facility's along with staff! Of course i am sure their salary's are much higher than Canada.
Good Luck Wayne, Hope Carol heels healthier and quickly. It is so frustrating when a loved one goes through Surgery and pain. But hopefully its for the best!

Please tell Carol that I said "hello!" I sure hope things will be better for you folks from now on...so much has happened these past few years! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)