Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Digger you want to see something interesting with that 6" coi

Tinfoil

Run the Sen up to 30. Take a dime on edge and start even with the coil then go on out. Come back and let the dime lay flat and do the same thing. Drop the sen. down to 25 and repeate it. I kept wondering why I was getting all these beeps with the targets way out to the side of the coil. Now I know.

Oh BTW. Is your coil cover sealed on. Mine is or is it just mine.

I been playing around in the tripple bad iron trash and I just can't belive how good this coil works in the iron trash. I dug a Tax token at 4"s yesterday laying right on top of a 6"X2"X3/16's thick rusty flat iron bar. Removed the bar and there was the token. I got a steady iron signal -8 with a 30-32 ID num. Rolled the plug got just the iron -8 number in All metal. Removed the bar and was wondering where the 30-32 number went. Went back over where the bar was and in the rusty dirt I could see the token and got the 30-32 number back. Was running at sen 25 in the iron trash threshold 8, G/B at 65 4 tones. in all metal and #2 pattern.

hit some of those nasty black sand saltwater beaches with a handful of nickels. Bury'em at 4, 6, & 8 inches, and give that little sucker a try. Then try some other coils & single freq machines on the same targets. Now I know nobody in their right mind is goin' to hunt a big ol' beach with one, but hey it's just for giggles.

HH
BarnacleBill

Glad to see the coil is working so well for you. That iron bar with the tax token is an impressive find. And, it seems you've figured out that "more power" doesn't always work to our advantage!!! That is probably the most difficult thing to "remember" when I am out in the field. I always think I should try to run my sensitivity up to a point that the detector falses when I bounce the coil. And, as you've pointed out, it can be counterproductive if our objective is target separation! Thanks for your informative post. HH Randy

in a vacant lot. Auto GB, Auto NC, Sensitivity 28, All Metal, 4-tones, solid TID of 6 from every direction, 5 inches deep..... I haven't cleaned it up yet. And don't know about the quality of the stones. But it was sure great to find such a small gold ring. HH Randy

"I always think I should try to run my sensitivity up to a point that the detector falses when I bounce the coil."

Digger, are you re-thinking the advice you gave in your Advantage tips article awhile back or are you speaking only of the X-Terra 70 here?

Thanks,
Relic

Bil, thanks to the fieldtests here on findmall I bought the DD before the CC even if I was waiting for the CC,

Well, guess I wont be buying the CC now, I am so satisfied with the DD, its a miracle coil.

I dare not speak about the depth I get with it on low conductive coins even with solid lock on, I have no doubt that the test you mention in your post here can be done.

I have found 8" coins every day here now, its unbelievable.

Thanks to you all, and Minelab for making that beautyful coil.

Compaired to other DD coils, same size or close to, of some of your other detectors. It has a very big foot print and I had to turn the Sen. Down for it to hunt in the real trashy trashy iron compaired to some of my other machines. I have been finding stuff in this real bad iron trash my other machines just don't seem to find. Even when I turn it down I still got a larger foot print and the machine is hunting deeper. Unless some of these guys hunt the Iron trash and the trash like I do it is sort of hard to explain. I have never really tried to understand the Tech Know Stuff. All I want to know is what I have to do and how can I set it up to hunt deep, and seperate great in the trash. So far the only machine that will come close to this small 6" 18.75DD is my 4X7" excellerator DD coil on my SE. So I just thought I would clear that up some. I know you and some of the others know what I am trying to say. This is one Excellent coil for the Iron trash. When you get out in the open crank it up and you no longer are hunting with a 6" coil it is more like a 8" coil. anyway just some of my thoughts on this coil. Like I heard someone say " When you are in the Trash turn the Bitch down. :rofl: Later Bud Jerry aka Tinfoil

I still run ALL my detectors up to the point of falsing. And I do the X-Terra, with the larger coils. The application I'm talking about is just for this specific coil on the X-70. To me, the small 6-inch coil for the X-Terra should be great for target separation in a trashy area. As several of us mentioned from the beginning, and Jerry has collaborated, the 6-inch X-Terra coil is very HOT. In fact, I have found it to be a bit "too hot" for some sites. For example, I can't get mine within 8 inches of a metal pole (clothesline, swingset etc) or it beeps. I have to think there is a fix for that, Negative GB or Sensitivity settings-wise. Just haven't found the right combination yet. HH Randy

I know exactly what you say, I was chocked in my testbed and even more in the trashy park.

This small coil is one of the best coils I have used on any detector.

the 6" concentric seems to like a faster sweep speed than I usually use with the 9" coils. It has good depth; picks up all the test garden stuff except the 9" edge dime.