Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Digger Ronny Dugger sent me my new 18.75 kHz DD Coil today. Man do I like it.

Tinfoil

These gold Prospecting guys are really going to like it. Since I hunt a lot of jewelry the 18.75 DD is the one I wanted. You know the dime I got on edge at 8 1/2"s that is the only target I got buried in my yard. The 6" would high tone on it every swing but, the target numbers went from 36 to 42 but it is on edge and was a dig-able target. That is excellent for a 6" coil. I took some of my very smallest 14 kt gold and diamond earrings and stud jewelry. Most of my detectors won't even make a peep on them. Especially the small crosses and the small thin filigree crosses I was really surprised at the depth 3 and 4"s. They were hitting numbers 2 and 4 consistently every time. I got more depth on the gold then on the coins. Some of my heavy mens rings were hitting 11"s, the deepest I got on the coins was 8 1/2" in the air and the dirt. The nickle hit at 9 1/2"s. Well I am going straigate to the lake tomorrow morning and try it out. Will do some shallow water wading like I do with the 5X10"DD. Did you notice that they put a coil cover on it and sealed it up. There was not one void in mine as I looked with my magnifying glass. We will see if they did a good seal job on it and if it leaks tomorrow. Man, I like this coil already. After the lake if it don't leak, it will go dead in the trash and the iron trash that I hunt so much. Later Bud, and you and the other guys that did the testing did a very good job and I for one really appreciate it. :D: :D: :clapping: Thanks Jerry aka Tinfoil

And, from what I tested, it won't leak! :detecting:Very well constructed.

Your findings with the gold jewelry being detected deeper than similarly sized coins are "right on track" with what I experienced with the 18.75 kHz coil. Remember, higher frequencies will detect lower conductive targets (gold) better than lower frequency coils. Conversely, the lower frequency coil will detect higher conductive targets (silver and copper) better. Even though there is not a 3 kHz small coil available, I consider the 7.5 to be a "medium" frequency. And, I think those using the 7.5 kHz concentric 6-inch will find detection depths of "same sized" gold, silver and copper targets to be very similar.
Thanks again for letting us know you got yours. Make sure you let us know how you do. Hopefully it meets your expectations and you find a lot of stuff!
HH Randy

For an HF coil it sure likes coins in general. Of the two coils that I tested the HF 6" DD gets the most use. I know you will do well with it. Keep us "posted" (bad forum pun).

Bill (S. CA)

Question. Is the 5x10DD 18.75 coil waterproof? I got in on the free coil deal and have one coming.

I think I remember reading it was not. If not how to seal? Anybody have pictures? Thanks in advance, Beale.

The 2 smallest crosses I have, one is filigree the other is solid are .5 gram of 14kt gold and the one braided earring chain is .8 gram. All hit at 2 and 4 ID in the middle of the coils. 2 1 kt diamond 14kt earring studs hit at 2 and 4 also same depth 3 to 4"s. Dime coin on edge at 8"s in the dirt hits the same numbers and depth too. The depth and ID of that little 6" 18.75KHz coil is the same as the 5X10" 18.75KHz. I would have never thought that. Now the gold in the water and dirt might be different but I doubt it but I am going to find out even if I don't find any I will put it in a small plastic bag and bury them. Have to say I am impressed. :clapping: :D: :D: The gold was just a air test but I fugue it won't be any different down here as I got the medium ground down here in most places. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil.