Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey DanPA

nymohawk

Do you remember what years the CZ7a was on the market? And if so will any of the CZ manuals work for it? What is the difference between the Pro Series and the CZ7A series?

Is a CZ7a worth 500.00? I have a chance to buy one but I though 500.00 high course I'm speculating again?

Thanks for any information you guys have about this machine.

NYMohawk

Well I do remember it was the second digital CZ and replaced the CZ7 which had a problem with a slow pinpoint and using batteries while not in use. Never heard of any problems with this unit from friends or forums...As far as differences from the CZ7Apro series the CZ7A is a rodmount only and runs on 12 AA batteries under the armcup like the old 1266. Its a little heavier than the pro series but its weighting and ergonomics make it feel lighter..Has the same abilities as other digital CZ relative depth and stability and is fitted with a short cord as it can't be hipmounted. I liked it as the 12 AA batteries give 80-90 hours and as the control box is screwed on its more stable swinging.Didn't seem to sell well as everyone must want the ability to hipmount and not because its not a good CZ..
We realize condition and the like play a lot in pricing but feel #350.00 to $400.00 is more in the ballpark.
Rough guesstimate of age is probably late 90's but wouldn't worry about age as its a dependable unit and hope I have helped...
I would think the CZ7A pro manual would suffice as workwise they are the same, also with the exception of an added tone CZ70 manual would likewise work...

CZ7A has the S style rod while the CZ7A pro has the pistolgrip style and many prefer either...and may or may not be a consideration...

Yep that Sunray probe is pricey so if its in nice condition a fair deal..Going to love the 80-90 hrs those batteries give and probably the best weighted CZ ever...Enjoy....