Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Bill, sorry I did not get back to you till now, had to go out of town to do some hunting

Tinfoil

I appreciate your thought though. Last year has been sort of rough for me. I am back at it though.

I was just down at the beach yesterday and I saw where the old man that hunts down there dug some holes and did not fill them in. I always have to do it and I chew his ASS every time I see him. He really burns me up. He don't take the pull tabs with him and I guess he is too stupid to figure out he is just going to dig them again. :rage: . Yeah I hate the broke beaver tails the most.

Now a light weight 3D detector would be great. :rofl: I would buy it in a minute.

I tested a few coils and that is about all I have done this year.

I think I will get Garrett's new probe. My Pocket Probe drives my SE crazy even when I adjust it and do a noise cancel and does it on some of my other machines also. How much distance do you get on a dime ??????? :shrug: . I do like the Vibe part of it. I would just wrap some of that Black rubber stretch tape around the speaker holes and that would shut it up. Got to call JW and get him to send me one. Glad you like it. John and you did a good job of testing and a excellent job on the Product Review. :thumbup: .

Last 3 days I been playing around in the iron trash with some different detectors just trying some specifics just to see how they compare. Hell I only got 16 to play with. Still can't bring myself to buy the E-track. Only silver I got out of this stuff is 2 barbers 1911 D and 1901, 2 shield nickles that are slick no dates, 1 1901 V nickle, 2 no date buffs. 2 regular nickles 2 no date wheat's. One strange iron back button has a eagle on top of a Fleur De Lu with some writing under it . Never saw one before. A very tough place to hunt. Just have to be very paticent to hunt it. You get a lot of trash but it is fun.

OK Later Bud, and I will pop in once in a while to chew the Fat. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Hi bud,
Sounds like you done okay on that hunt with some respectable goodies to show for it. Good on you bud. I think you'll like the Garret PP. It's a good unit and ergonomically correct. I tested it on a dime on edge for a guy who wanted to know and it got 1.5 inches. On flat coins it will get two inches plus. The bigger the object the more depth and the closer it gets to the target the more intense the audio and vibration is and it won't interfere with your detector. It operates at maximum sensitivity in no motion all metal and needs no adjustment or tuning - just turn it on and go. I like it cause it fits the hand so well and just pops in and out of the holster slicker than snot. It's not clumsy and boxy like some units and the battery lasts forever. I use it a lot in bark chips to isolate coins grouped together that just give a wide signal on the detector.

I hate guys who leave holes. I fill and fix a lot of them. Today I found four coins in a hole that the last guy couldn't seem to pull up. Nailed them with the PP Don't know what his problem was. Just dumb I guess. :shrug: They were just laying there in the loose dirt. You're about as bad as my buddy Jim Straight. I think he has 22 or more tectors. I used to have 13-14 but weeded them out and am down to nine curently but shopping. I'd like to get another Tesoro Golden. Used them for years and loved them as ring getters.

Don't be a stranger and drop in often and we can BS and tell each other tall tales. :rofl: I miss jawing with ya. Hope you and yours are all healthy and happy. I'm just now getting back on par. Last February I spent eight days in the butcher shop for peripheral artery bypass. Opened me up like a Christmas turkey in four different places. Don't ever have that operation. It's one nasty mother. The surgeon told me it would probably take a year for me to get back to normal and he wasn't wrong. I lost over 30 pounds while in the hospital and still haven't gained much of it back. You take care bud and it is good to hear from you.

Bill