Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Arkie!!!

Royal

I gotta thank you for the Jerky!! I love Jerky! :D I used to make it but have not for years and yours is delicious.

Little Hillbilly girl is doing fine. She kicked me out of my bedroom and took my favorite slice of the home made bread and took my seat at the table but she has left my tooth brush alone. Since she has a hillbilly smile, tooth brushes are optional anyway.

I have a pic on my camera that I will post later.

Thanks again for the delicious Jerky. You da man:super::super:

...I figured that if you didn't, you could toss it to Linda to keep her passified!

That stuff is from this years kill--about three weeks old now, made as such:

Slice the deer when it is partially frozen, into the thinnest strips possible

1/4 c soy sauce
1 tb worcestershire sauce
1/4 ts ground pepper
1/4 ts garlic powder
1/4 ts onion powder
1/4 ts hickory smoked salt
1/4 c firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 bottle of liquid smoke (if desired)

place 2-3 pounds of stripped deer in a pan w/ a lock-down lid and pour the goodies over it all. The next day flip it over and marinate it thoughly for one to two days. Keep refrigerated.

THEN: place the strips on the oven racks with toothpicks after making a drip pan from heavy aluminum foil. Place the oven on the MINIMUM temperature possible and crack the door. If you like it spicier, add more ground pepper to each slice as you place it on the rack. Remember, you are not cooking this meat, you are drying it.

Leave in the oven for a minimum of 8 hours--more like 12. Then once the strips are dry and not spongy, take out of the oven and store in glass jars. The thicker pieces will need an additional time to dry.

This will work on any type of red meat but I am partial--it works best on deer. I have fixed it with beef also. I have never eaten bear, elk or moose but am sure it would do you some real good prepared the same way.

For a variety, go to chef2chef.com and do a search on "deer jerky" (or anything else you have a hankerin' for) and you will find a number of good recipes prepared by the best of chefs.

Blessings to you and thanks for puttin' up with Linda for a few days :D.

aj

She is shoveling horse doo doo. She is finding arrowheads too! Good people!! From good stock!!