Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey Allen MI

Roman44

I thought I would find you on this forum. Guess what I dug out of the park one week after you got that wonderful dime. A 1877 quarter in perfect condition. It was four inches deep. It was on an angle buried with lots of iron. I almost did not dig it. This was one of my best coins out of the park so far. The coins are out their, but the signals are week. I also found a ring with a stone about eight inches deep do not know what it is yet, may take it in to a jewelers soon. You inspired me to find that quarter, because I searched every inch of that park including those trails. I know I passed over that dime. So I had to redeem myself and find something of equal or better in value. Just kidding. I havent seen you out detecting lately. Have you been working alot, or out checking the waterfront?

There's an old rule I like to follow when it comes to detecting:

1) You never get it all on the first try.

An area isn't hunted out any you use a couple different detectors, different coil sizes, in every weather/soil condition, and dig every (and I mean every) target, so that when you go back, you don't get a chirp from anything.

I've found stuff in my own tracks before, so you never know.

I've been hitting a school that I've never been to before. Not much grass to hunt, except easements and a little bit on the outside of the paved-over playground. Still, I managed 21 Wheat's, a Merc, a Roosie, and at least one silver ring, maybe three; two aren't marked. I've also been working my tail off, at work and home, and yes, I've been getting into the water a bit. Scored a 14K white gold 6g man's wedding band at the state park beach a couple weeks ago.

Hitting that old swimming hole two months ago spoiled me for water hunting, I think. I need to start doing more research and find some more "virgin" old swimming holes. Luckily, there's a lot of millponds around the county.

HH from Allen in MI