Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hey All...

wyohunter99

I just ordered a T2 for a backup, any help or tricks, settings would be much appreciated :thumbup: I mostly hunt for old coins in yards, parks and vacant lots... Can I expect depth comparable to my Safari? Also will the Sun ray probe for the f75 work on the T2???

Hey Wyohunter99. Here is a post to get you started: T2 Updated Review and Settings

I think you will really like the detector. It is super fast with great separation. It works very well in Iron. I mostly find stuff at less than 6" but I hear it goes pretty deep on coins. I don't think that it goes as far as an Etrac or XP Deus though. It depends on your soil. The one negative I will say is that the ID isn't there on deeper stuff, which is probably partly why I don't find many deeper things (unless the ground is clear, as in iron infested ground like we got here in N

n/t

You should have got a Omega its deeper than the standard T-2 and I.D's silver all the way to 10" on a silver quarter. HH:detecting:

Cache Man said:
You should have got a Omega its deeper than the standard T-2 and I.D's silver all the way to 10" on a silver quarter. HH:detecting:

Hey Cacheman, I've wondered if the Omegas depth compares. I'd bet on small coins it isn't as deep as the T2 and smaller coins are what seems to be predominant in Germany (That is what I mostly find). Are you sure about what you said, regarding in ground targets? I'm not disagreeing as much as I'm curious (and perhaps angry!) eheh

Read the following post, a lot of good info here.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?58,1223251

T[sup][size=small]2[/size][/sup]'s performance. It does well. That said, I have to admit that I frequently get surprised with the performance of the Omega. You really have to compare each model with similar coils and settings, but the Omega will produce a functional TID a bit deeper than the T[sup][size=small]2[/size][/sup] most of the time in my ground.

Each model has its strong points and weak ones since there is no such things as a 'perfect' detector.

Monte

determine the type of common trash targets present and deal with than.

wyohunter99 said:
I just ordered a T2 for a backup, any help or tricks, settings would be much appreciated :thumbup: I mostly hunt for old coins in yards, parks and vacant lots... Can I expect depth comparable to my Safari?
Don't get me wrong, I like the Safari and consider it one of the better FBS models from Minelab for personal reasons, but quite a few older yards I hunt are rather trashy. Iron nails are the biggest offenders but it can vary. In trashy locations I prefer a smaller-size coil and the 5" DD I use on my Omega performs quite well. I have very little field time with he 5" on the T[sup][size=small]2[/size][/sup], but if it is anything like the Omega's performance you'll be impressed!

Settings for me are rather easy decisions: I run the Sensitivity level as high as possible while remaining "on the edge" of instability. I very seldom knock out all iron, preferring to operate with the Discriminate level somewhere between '0' on the T[sup][size=small]2[/size][/sup] to just at the point where I reject a shallow/surface iron nail. I might glance at the TID for an idea of what a target might be, but I rely on the audio response to alert me to a potentially desired target to go after. I prefer the 2+ 'tone' process with the T[sup][size=small]2[/size][/sup] most of the time.

Work with it any any coil you have for it to learn the best sweep speed for peak performance in the site conditions you have.

Monte

Monte said:
T[sup][size=small]2[/size][/sup]'s performance. It does well. That said, I have to admit that I frequently get surprised with the performance of the Omega. You really have to compare each model with similar coils and settings, but the Omega will produce a functional TID a bit deeper than the T[sup][size=small]2[/size][/sup] most of the time in my ground.

Each model has its strong points and weak ones since there is no such things as a 'perfect' detector.

Monte

Yeah Monte, I've heard that the 8000 will ID better at depth than the T2. I can say my T2 doesn't ID great at depth and since I often hunt with lots of Iron around, I don't get a chance to probably get in touch with those faint signals. I do remember digging a dime size coin here at about 8" or so and it didn't id but hit clean and soft (but there was no iron right around it).

But that said, I would think the T2 gets better depth on smaller coins? What has you guys' experience been?