Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

He's Back :D

Royal

I was just getting ready to take a shower and go to a local watering hole, Mary is down state :D and I looked out the bedroom window and saw this guy again. He was hanging back and looking at something, as you can see. It was these two doe and he was not going in until they gave permission and I will tell you, he wasn't gonna get it.

I ran into the living room and set up my camera and slowly slid the screen door open and took a couple shots. Maybe 10 or so and the flash was going off and none of them even cared.

A few minutes later he went around them and started sneaking in from the right. She saw him and went after him. The coward took off just a bit. I got what pictures I could and just watched. What the heck. I slid the doorwall open and walked out on the deck, about 40 ft from the doe and 60 ft from him and started to take some pictures. They just ignored me and I stood out there for a good 10 or 15 minutes watching them. The doe let him come in a bit but he got no corn this day.

I am happy to see the big sucker come in again and hope he will keep it up until he gets the full growth. I want some pictures :thumbup:

[attachment 97718 deerweb2.jpg]

[attachment 97717 deerweb1.jpg]

[attachment 97719 deerweb3.jpg]

[attachment 97720 deerweb4.jpg]

[attachment 97721 deerweb5.jpg]

[attachment 97722 deerweb6.jpg]

Looks like the bugs have been getting at him pretty good or the girls... That will be fun to follow him with horn growth and body size.
Might even see him in a few battles with other males. Nice shots. I really like the close up of the head shot.......

No pictures today for me. I finished putting brake lines on the dually truck. With any luck, I will get some shots tomorrow at the sailfest down on the Thames River. Fireworks, and boats...Should be some good shots there.

Geo

n/t

He's gonna be a good one come winter. This probably won't be the last photos you get of this ole' boy. By the way, his demeanor will change about November.

aj

Great bunch of pictures. The one I like is
the fifth one down. It looks like something
out of a Steven King movie.

n/t

n/t

I wish they would come in a little earlier though. Get sharper pics. Hummmmm... I think I just remember why they are grainy. :( What a dummy

n/t

if he comes in again I will try lower it, depending on the light and get sharper pictures. I am still learning this goofy camera

n/t

n/t

Be careful that he does not take over the bird feeders... They love that stuff!!

calm seas

Mikie

I did with the flower beds until I strung that one hot wire. I even have walkways not protected through the hot wire and they have never entered. My bird feeder is rather high and the birds usually have it empty by night time. Mike Q sent me an email and said he had seen a Black Bear Sow the other day with two cubs during the day time. It was not at his house but along a road.

My buddy Dave had a Huge Black Bear take his bird feeder down night before last. He said his dog was going nuts and he turned on his flood light and walked out on the deck and the bear just looked at him and kept feeding.

I know it is now big deal for some of you but you don't live in Michigan, it is a thrill for us. I have never seen a bear on this property but I have sure seen sign. My feeder was pulled down a few years back and a tree was clawed up but I have not seen one. I hope I don't. I would be sure to be replacing my hot wire if one came through.