Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Here's the last of my August Finds :minelab:

BAMofNH

OK, the 1st picture is a Silver 925 Ring with red stones or glass. I have no idea what the red stones are or if they are stones, Also the little dark points sparkle when it's moved in the light. [attachment 72981 SilverRing925Gems08-25-07IThink.JPG]
The next 2 pictures are the front and back of a Religous Medal. It looks gold and is clean like gold but I can't find any marks on it. [attachment 72984 CrossFrontNoMark08-26-07.jpg] [attachment 72985 CrossBackNoMark08-26-07.jpg]
This 4th picture is the last of our finds for August. It is a Silver 925 Ring with little feet walking around it. [attachment 72986 SilverRingFeet92508-30-07.jpg]
Tomorrow I'll start on Septembers finds. :clapping: :minelab:

Bam you need to get a gold/silver acid test kit for occations like that, when there is no mark. At least that way you have some idea about what you have got. If you send a batch into Midwest, they will test it along with the remainder of your batch, with full strength nitric acid (not available to the public after 9/11, so I'm told). If the piece turns out to be plated, you can request that they return any unacceptable items back to you. I always ask for the bad pieces back for my piece of mind, but if you do not ask for the unacceptable pieces back, they will take a pic of the bad pieces and send it to you, so you know which ones they did not accept. Just an FYI for ya mate! Nice loot btw! Try keeping up to date, so we don't have to take a nitro pill before viewing, OK!

the last picture..........how can you say little feet walking....it could have been a flea with big feet running.......just my thoughts.....Glass half full or half empty?.....:rofl:

Mattockman, I have never, but I guess you have, counted the toes on a flea, and I was on the beach, so it could have taken it's sandals off.
Thanks Therick, I don't know anything about stones, going to have to get me a book. Oh, I haven't cleaned up that large maybe Diamond Ring yet to take a better picture of it. The one Charles posted for me on the Treasure depot. Again thanks for the good feedback and info, bought some ammonia yesterday.
Nanwate7, I looked that Cross all over a number of times and can't find any marks. just got a stronger Eye Loupe and will look it over again. Guess I'll be getting some test equipment in the near future.
Thanks everyone for all your feed back, I'm taking it all in and trying to learn as much as I can ASAP. wish I did this hobby a long time ago. i hope everyone has as much luck hunting as I have had in the few months I've been hunting. I'm all ears for learning....:detecting: